Need some Games advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some Games advice

Ok I am a big RPG game player, especially fantasy RPG. I have and play FPS such as UT and quake etc but they have begun to bore me. I have been looking at alot of the RPG games that have come out over the years but they all have such linear plots and gameplay (unfortunatly most of the game writers thought processes go into GRAPHICS nowadays) What ever happened to great series such as Ultima ( I have all 9) or others similar? Well I need some opinions. What are some good RPG especially fantasy RPGs that are worth playing and are so no linear in storyline or outcomes. Some of the games I have played recently are System shock 2, Ultima 9, Deus Ex (kinda boring), SOF (boring). Any ideas guys?

------------------
    Celeron II 566 @ 875,Abit BH6 Rev 1.01,128 pc100, 8.4 WD HD, Matrox G450 32 meg DH, SBlive Value, Supra Express 56i, Toshiba 6x DVD-rom, other stuff all running on Win98SE

Celeron II 566@ 952 on a Abit BE6 Rev 1, 128 Pc100, Matrox G450 32 DH, SBlive Value, Supra Express 56i ISA, all running on Win2k pro with other odds and ends

nah I played Baldures gate and it was very linear also got boring real quickly. thx though
    Celeron II 566@ 952 on a Abit BE6 Rev 1, 128 Pc100, Matrox G450 32 DH, SBlive Value, Supra Express 56i ISA, all running on Win2k pro with other odds and ends

Comment

Vampire: The Redemption is supposed to be an extremely immersive RPG with great graphics and gameplay, with lots of replay value (apparently there is a good gaming community associated with this game and user levels are produced in large numbers).

<note>
      That is what I have read about the game and I have not actually played it. I was interested in it, so I tracked down numerous reviews on it, and that seems to be the synopsis.
      </note>

Comment

Although Vampire is considered to be painfully linear in the single player game. So I heard.

But the community is becoming quite good for multiplayer stories.

I guess the Final Fantasy twins (VII & VIII) are a little light for you?

Uberlad

------------------
        -------------------------
        8 out of 10 women say they would feel no qualms about hitting a man.
        5 out of 10 referred to me by name.
        -------------------------
        8 out of 10 women say they would feel no qualms about hitting a man.
        5 out of 10 referred to me by name.

Comment

There´s Revenant and Diablo 2...

Comment

I've loved the Baldur's Gate Series, and especially Planescape: Torment. Baldur's gate might SEEM linear, until you play for a bit and realize that while there is a main objective to pursue you can do things in just about any order, and you can choose to be a good guy, or a bad guy, or something in between.

Torment is even better, since you have a large degree of choice in how you play, and the story is incredibly immersive and the gameplay is challenging.

I haven't played Icewind Dale yet, but BG2 is even better than the first. I'll probably put bG2 on hiatus until I finish Torment and ID.

- Gurm

------------------
            Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            If only life were as easy as you
            I would still get screwed

Comment

Yeah, BG2 is much less linear than BG. The story seems less forced as well. The subquests are meaningfull and flow together as often as not. Love it

Strangly, I hated PS: Torment. I can't say why, but I just really hated it and quit playing and returned it after a day...strange.

Did someone mention Diablo II? That's not an RPG, it's isometric Quake Not that that's going to stop me from going and playing it right now!
              Cory Grimster
              <A HREF="http://www.houseofhelp.com"TARGET=_blank>www.houseofhelp. com</A>
              <A HREF="http://www.2cpu.com"TARGET=_blank>www.2cpu.com</A>

Comment

Fallout 2 is pretty cool, and non linear, too. I love that game.
                Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

I have Fallout 1, was #2 that much better?

------------------
                  Celeron II 566@ 875 on a Abit BH6 Rev 1.01, 128 Pc100, Matrox G450 32 DH, SBlive Value, Supra Express 56i ISA, all running on Win98FE with other odds and ends

Comment

Yes, it is! Fallout II is four times longer and have lot of new things such as new guns, perks, and is more fun and playable. (for example you can get a wife in game, or play as absolutely evil player) So, in game is only one final thing: go to Enclava, and how you finish game is only on your decision.
                    ASUS A7V ||| Duron 800@1070 ||| TITAN Majesty -&gt; cooling unit ||| 256Mb PC133 ||| G400 DH MAX ||| SB Live! 1024 ||| IBM 25Gb ||| HP Writer 7100 ||| DVD AOpen 1040 (flash Pionner) ||| Win2k
                    -------------------------------
                    Only one thing is missing in my life. Save button. (bad English I know...)

Comment

Don't forget the New Reno crackw**res...

take a peek here
                      http://gloom.misto.cz/_MAIL_/prew.htm

Comment

My favorite game is "Planescape Torment" (but it`s so short 8-( ). I also recomend you FF7 (not 8). And what about (non-fantazzy) Fallout I and II ?!?

------------------
                        ASUS A7V &#0124; &#0124;| Duron 700@1010 &#0124; &#0124;| TITAN Majesty -&gt; cooling unit &#0124; &#0124;| 128Mb PC133 &#0124; &#0124;| G400 DH MAX &#0124; &#0124;| SB Live! 1024 &#0124; &#0124;| IBM 25Gb &#0124; &#0124;| HP Writer 7100 &#0124; &#0124;| DVD AOpen 1040 (flash Pionner) &#0124; &#0124;| Win2k
                        ASUS A7V ||| Duron 800@1070 ||| TITAN Majesty -&gt; cooling unit ||| 256Mb PC133 ||| G400 DH MAX ||| SB Live! 1024 ||| IBM 25Gb ||| HP Writer 7100 ||| DVD AOpen 1040 (flash Pionner) ||| Win2k

Comment

Impact
                          Where are you from ?!? It seems to be a CZ link 8-)

[This message has been edited by Marwyn (edited 30 October 2000).]

Comment

And it is, indeed. Why?

Comment

Warning... the following is encrypted using a 256-bit algorithm, so naturally noone here can understand it.

*o 30 sekund pozdeji*

Prave sem si prohlid tvuj profil a uz mi to doslo. Gratuluji, jsi treti cech, na ktereho jsem tu narazil. Jak dlouho tu pusobis? Ja uz cca 1 rok.

Comment

Working...
                              X