Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Optimal video settings for Counterstrike with G400?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optimal video settings for Counterstrike with G400?

I can't seem to get the right settings for my system to run Counterstrike without getting a shaky performance from my G400. Can anyone recommend an optimal video mode? I'm running a PIII-500 with 128mb RAM and the G400 32mb Dual-Head; right now I've got it on OpenGL 1024x768 or whatever that setting is, with the latest 6.04 drivers. Thanks~

Hey,

I'm getting great performance and max stability with Half life at OpenGL 1024x768 (btw 1280 runs with 40FPs+ but it's just too small for me!), 6.04 drivers, Windows ME, on a PIII 733 + 256Mb RAM. However, and that's a problem with openGL I think, The decals don't show, or if they do, they blink. Sometime it's annoying, but I just turned decals off. Doesn't happen with the smoke grenade btw, just with spray images, blood, etc.

Anyone knows?

------------------
    -Nimster
    Linux is only free if your time is worthless.
    -Nimster
    Linux is only free if your time is worthless.

Comment

The flashing decals is down to the Z buffer. The engine and drivers get confused over what should be in front of what with the result that the decals flicker.

There are numerous options to tweak the HL settings.

Take a look at http://www.tweak3d.net/autoexec/halflife/

Fill in the entries on the web page, and presto, a tweaked autoexec.cfg will pop up ready for use.
      Phils PC Mods - a rough guide

Comment

To fix the decals, just adjust the gl_polyoffset variable.

Re-enable the decals.
        Spray a logo.
        Go to the console, and type gl_polyoffset to get your current value.
        Type gl_polyoffset x.x (whatever you previous value was +0.5).
        See if the decal looks right. If not, adjust it some more.

This can be done without ever leaving or restarting the game. Changes to this value are instantly applied.
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
        X