Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using DVD-Max to output other things to the second head?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using DVD-Max to output other things to the second head?

I've seen many people talking about being able to play various movie formats full screen using dvd-max.

I was wondering how exactly to do that? Is it a built in feature thats activated when a video is played, or do I need to do something special?
    Matrox g400 MAX
    Pentium 3 800
    Microstar 6309 Motherboard (VIA Chipset)
    256megs of ram (133Mhz)

If you use a media player that uses an overlay method, it should output to full-screen via dvd max. For example, use windows media player for any supported file type and it will output to full screen.
    Even the RealMedia player will get the DVD Max treatment, and output streamed video fullscreen to a second display.

Comment

But how about a second MONITOR? I haven't been able to get any video to display on my secondary monitor. TV-out works fine..

------------------

Comment

At this point, DVDMax only works if a TV is your secondary display. It's possible that future driver builds will allow DVDMax to a secondary monitor.
        A possible work-around is to use the Zoom function of PowerDesk to window an area on the main display to be shown on the secondary.
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
        X