Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• probs with Quake 2 and 6.04 drivers

Can anyone advise me on this...
    I'm running Quake 2 on a G400, Athlon 550 (on a K7M board) + 128 Mb RAM & Vortex SuperQuad...

The problem is that when I use weapons (such as the hand blaster) which have dynamic lighting...I don't get dynamic lighting but black squares appearing on on objects which would have had lighting on them, as well as multi-coloured spots appearing on the light paths.

Generally, the only artifact/corruption I get with the G400 seems to be connected with the Z buffering.

In this instance, I tried turning it off and it just made matters worse - the corruption levels were similar but more intense...getting to the point of the whole environment becoming psychedelic.

I'm sure some of you will think this is an improvement...and I must say it's a very different Quake 2 to the one I'm used to, but can anyone advise me as to what is happening, whether others have had similar experiences and what can be done about it.

Many thanks,

Gaz

Make sure that turbogl is not installed in your quake2 directory. Just look for opengl32.dll in your Q2 directory and rename it.

Rags

Comment

Working...
    X