UT 60 Hz Refresh - Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT 60 Hz Refresh - Help

All of a sudden, when running UT (ver 432) in W2K, it changes my display to 60 Hz refresh (1024x768) while the game is running. Used to be 75 Hz. I have had synch both on and off. No effect. I have set the refresh in Powerstrip to 75 Hz at this resolution and removed powerstrip altogether, no effect.

Arggh - Where is the setting for this parameter for UT?

Computer:
    800e PIII @ 950 MHz (1.70 V) w/Tennmax P3 TF heatsink, ABIT BE6, 2X128 MB Mushkin PC133 (Mosel REV2 PC133 222) + G400 MAX (or Hercules Prophet II 64 MB), CL SB Live, Netgear FA310TX NIC to ZyXEL Prestige 314 Router, IBM Deskstar 34GXP (13 GB, 7200 rpm ATA66) HD, Adaptec AHA2940 w/uw SCSI, IBM Ultrastar 9ZX 9.1GB 10K UW SCSI HD, WD Enterprise 4360 4.3GB 7.2k UW SCSI HD, Pioneer 303s SCSI DVD, Plexwriter 8/4/32A, Win2K all in a modified Supermicro SC750A case, also Sennheiser HD-600 headphones, Sennheiser DSP360 Dolby processor, and a Shure FP22 headphone amplifier.

[This message has been edited by Brian R. (edited 09 October 2000).]

Just use a custumized resolution, the refresh rate you choose there will always be used.

------------------
    ------------
    ------

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. I have set my monitor properties to use 75 Hz refresh at 1024x768 in both 16- and 32-bit mode. Both with and without Powerstrip. Won't adopt that refresh in UT.

Comment

Are you using OGL or D3D? I've noticed that when I try to use OGL it does the same thing as you describe. The refresh rate drops to something significantly lower than my desktop refresh.

Ian
        Primary System:
        MSI 745 Ultra, AMD 2400+ XP, 1024 MB Crucial PC2100 DDR SDRAM, Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro, 3Com 3c905C NIC,
        120GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, 60 GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, Pioneer DVD 105S, BenQ 12x24x40 CDRW, SB Audigy OEM,
        Win XP, MS Intellimouse Optical, 17" Mag 720v2
        Seccondary System:
        Epox 7KXA BIOS 5/22, Athlon 650, 512 MB Crucial 7E PC133 SDRAM, Hercules Prophet 4500 Kyro II, SBLive Value,
        3Com 3c905B-TX NIC, 40 GB IBM UDMA 100 HD, 45X Acer CD-ROM,
        Win XP, MS Wheel Mouse Optical, 15" POS Monitor
        Tertiary system
        Offbrand PII Mobo, PII 350, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, 15GB UDMA66 7200RPM Maxtor HD, USRobotics 10/100 NIC, RedHat Linux 8.0
        Camera: Canon 10D DSLR, Canon 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 100 Macro USM Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon Speedlite 200E, tripod, bag, etc.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology will be indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

Use Powerdesk to set your resolutions.

Rags

Comment

Rags - I was thinking that also. How do you access PD? I tried, but couldn't find it.

I'm using D3D.

Anyway, I continued a search of the forums and found a solution: dxdiag, more help, override.
            http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum5/HTML/008632.html

[This message has been edited by Brian R. (edited 09 October 2000).]

Comment

That only works for D3D. If you want it to work for all 3D accelerated modes, just go to display properties, advanced, monitor settings, and customize your display modes there.

Rags

Comment

Rags - Did that without effect. Sounds like you're talking about Win98 though...

[This message has been edited by Brian R. (edited 10 October 2000).]

Comment

Did you tell tell it to allow windows to use the customized display mode? You have to.

Rags

Comment

Oh, and you have to customize the resolution/color depth that you are going to use in playing your games.

Rags

Comment

My Display Properties has tabs and buttons for Settings, Advanced, Monitor, Refresh Frequency and that's it. This is driver version 5.03.025.

Yes, I'm changing the appropriate color depth and resolution for UT.

Comment

Brian, it's advanced, monitor display setting, adjust a different display mode. Try that.
                        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I don't have that option Greebe. Could it be I loaded the drivers incorrectly?

Comment

Brian,

Hit Ctrl Shift Esc, and tell me if PDesk.exe is listed there.

Rags

Comment

Yes it is. Sorry if I'm slow, I'm trying to give a girl a bath...

Comment

Working...
                              X