nhl 2001 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nhl 2001 problem

I experience problems with the graphics when I play nhl 2001 with my G400 and I wonder if someone knows what to do about it.

The problem is that the reflections on the ice (from eg the players, the rink, the goal etc) is just as strong as the "real" image is. It should be more faded....but it isn´t...

Ehh, well, it´s difficult to explain but hopfully someone understands what I mean.
    Pain Is Temporary...Pride Lasts Forever...

I'm not seeing this problem. Everything looks fine here.

What's your setup?

Regards,

Jake
    Who is General Failiure and why is he reading my drive?
    ----------------------
    Powercolor Radeon 9700np, Asus A7N8X mobo bios ver. 1007UBER, AthlonXP2800+@3200+ (200 Mhz fsb, 2.2 Ghz) on TT Silent Storm, 2*256Mb Kingston HyperX PC3500 DDR-RAM, 19" Samsung 959NF monitor, Pioneer A04 DVD-RW, Two WD800 80 GB HDD's, IBM Deskstar 40 GB

Comment

In the game I pretty much use everything at maximum detail and the game runs smooth in 1024*768.

In the settings for the G400 I have the DualHead option disabled and in the options tab (under the performance headline) I have everything checked except "enlarge mouse pointer". I´m also using the latest drivers from matrox...

Comment

I noticed something, which might be the problem you are seeing. After watching a movie I realised that my desktop was configured for 32 bit. So I switched it to 16 bit and started NHL 2001.

The reflections seem less "blackish" in 16 bit color depth. They look more like the kind of reflection you would expect to see.

So check your colordepth....

Hey Noah, what's your rig setup? Athlon 1GHz? My game is definatly choppy in 1024*768 at the maximum detail level. (I did not expect it to be smooth on my rig)

Regards,

Jake

------------------
        ----------------------
        MGA-G400DH 32Mb Mill., Abit BF6 mobo bios ver. RV, PIII-450@558, 128Mb PC-133 SDRAM, 17" Hitachi monitor, Plextor 8/20 CDR. Diamond MX300 A3D PCI soundcard, Adaptec AHA-2940U2W, Seagate Cheetah 9.1 GB LVD HDD, Quantum Fireball ST 6.4 GB UDMA33 HDD

----------------------
        Powercolor Radeon 9700np, Asus A7N8X mobo bios ver. 1007UBER, AthlonXP2800+@3200+ (200 Mhz fsb, 2.2 Ghz) on TT Silent Storm, 2*256Mb Kingston HyperX PC3500 DDR-RAM, 19" Samsung 959NF monitor, Pioneer A04 DVD-RW, Two WD800 80 GB HDD's, IBM Deskstar 40 GB

Comment

I'm running at 32 bit and the game looks fine here (running at 1280 by 1024)with everything set at maximum detail. G400 Max, CUBX with a PIII 600E@800.

Runs smooth as silk.

Comment

I changed the color depth but it didn´t get any better and I can´t imagine that this has anything to do with the graphics in the actual game.
            Now, as a last chance, I´ll try to re-install the whole bloody windows and if it doesn´t get any better by that I´ll give up.

I´m running the game on a PIII 677, 128Mb RAM and a G400 and it runs very smoothly in 1024x768...

Comment

What driver versions are you folks using? I noticed similar problems in the demo. There are no shadows at all during gameplay. During replays the player shadows are very dark, and the net/board shadows swith between same intensity as originals, proper intensity, or totaly gone.

Comment

I'm using the 5.55 drivers. Tried the new ones prior to getting 2001 and they were causing problems so went back to the earlier drivers.

Comment

Working...
                X