G400 & Quake 3 trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 & Quake 3 trouble

I have a Matrox G400 Dual Head, 32 meg vid card. Athlon 700, running on an Asus K7V motherboard. I believe the drivers i'm running for the G400 are v5.52.015.

I installed Quake 3 today. I loaded it up and it started playing the little demo. So i watched a bit of it and then got sick of it and hit enter to go to the main menu and my machine locked up. So i rebooted and tried it again, and this time i didn't watch the demo and tried to go right ot the main menu and my machine locked up again.

Anyone know how i can fix this?

Krider
    Krider
    www.g256.com

The intro cinematics only plays on the first launch of the game. You can always replay the videos from the cinematics menu option.
    Update your G400 drivers. What OS are you running? Are all of your device drivers/BIOSes up to date?
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

The only newer drivers out are beta... Should i upgrade to those? I'm running Win98SE. Bios is up to date, currectly running a beta version. Works fine.

Krider
      Krider
      www.g256.com

Comment

The latest drives are under cerified on the Matrox site. They are 6.04

Or you can download them from here
        http://www.murc.ws/Driver/Win9x/pd6/w9x_604.exe
        --
        Jazza
        www.i-wish.org.uk

P3 500 (not O/C)
        Gigabyte BXDS
        256Mb Ram
        Matxor 30.5Gb IDE
        Fujusi 15Gb IDE
        Creative 5x DVD
        Yamaha 4416s CDRW
        Iomega Zip
        SB Live
        G400 Max
        WinME
        Powerdesk 6 (beta)

Comment

Jazza: Were u able to run Quake 3 using those drivers?

Krider
          Krider
          www.g256.com

Comment

Jazza: I just upgraded to those drivers and Quake 3 works perfect now.

Thanks for your help guys.

Krider
            Krider
            www.g256.com

Comment

cking4, Notice that he's using a K7V MB.
              <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Well all I was trying to say is that I recommended he update the drivers because I read here that it solved a lot of problems for VIA chip MB owners (not that those folks didn't manage other ways). I don't know what you're running cking4.

Comment

Working...
                X