UT's second CD!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT's second CD!!!

Does anyone know how to get the second CD UT comes w/ to work or even if it will ever work at all!!

------------------
    http://www.skynary.com/winstonco1
    Not all will capitolize on the webs greatest opportunity!Only the few with a vision!
    Not all will capitolize on the webs greatest opportunity!Only the few with a vision!

Only works with S3 cards or cards that are capable of S3TC in Opengl.
    C:\DOS
    C:\DOS\RUN
    \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

There is a hack that allows Geforce cards and even ATI Radeons to use that 2nd CD!

http://www.gamebasement.com/pages/ho...articles&id=34

------------------

Comment

Yep, The Textures are beautiful on my Geforce. Unfortunately I cannot seem to be able to get the new 4.28 S3TC OGL driver to work. I can only get the first 4.02 OGL driver to work. Gonna do more testing tonight....
        \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

I saw some pretty STANK screenshots of UT and Q3A using texture compression on the GeSpot, and it did not look very good at all.

Rags

Comment

Sigh.

[This message has been edited by DosFreak (edited 24 September 2000).]

[This message has been edited by DosFreak (edited 24 September 2000).]
            \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

DosFreak
              Did you ever get those textures to work?!
              I'm about to sell out and by a Geforce MX just to hold me over till I can get some info on Matrox's new card!!

Comment

They seem to work plenty fine for other people. Just check out that site and they'll tell ya what you need to know.

What I was talking about the 4.02 OGL driver. That was an earlier version of this but it ONLY worked on Unreal Tournament V4.02. This updated OGL driver that came out 2 days ago works on v4.28. According to that website any many others and also people I have talked to this newest one is supposed to work fine. I guess it's only me that can't get the newest one to work. (I can get the v4.02 to work just fine though.)

There are a couple of problems with it though. But the problems are well worth the benefits. Faster gameplay and better graphics. Also you will be able to use OpenGL now in Unreal Tournament wich is alot faster than D3D.
                \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

For those people quick to comment and too lazy to go to the website:

\RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

Your screeshots proved my point pretty well. The other textures that are not being added get blurred for some odd reason. I know I am not the only one who sees this, granted it is much worse in OpenGL. And before you say anything, yes, I do have a GeSpot2 and an MX that I have tested with.

Rags

Comment

These are OpenGL shots. That's the only mode that supports S3TC. What becomes blurred?
                      \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

Look at yer crates, look at your player models, look at your doorways, look at your lights. The effect is much more pronounced while playing. Fire up Q3A and look at the sky, it's terrible. It's like dropping down a color depth, the banding is almost as bad as ATI's 16 bit dithering.

Rags

Comment

Hmmmm, I'll play around with UT tonight. Still gotta get the 4.28 S3TC OGL driver to work.
                          \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

Isn't it like the texture compression will work 'on demand' ?

I mean a.f.a.I. understood it, you just use bigger uncompressed textures and when your HW supports TC, those biggy textures will be compressed on the fly and decompressed right before the GFX CPU needs it ...

Having that in mind, I just copied all textures/maps from CD #2 into my installation dir and on prompt, I overwrote existing files.

This was quite a while back, but after that 'upgrade' I didn't see any anomalities or problems, therefore I think you can use those high res textures just like they are in uncompressed form.

If anybody out there has more details on usage of compressed textures, feel free to give us osme insights ...

I guess I have to reinstall UT and do a couple of comparison shots.

Cheers,
                            Maggi

PS: I could need a table, showing which textures belong to which maps ... anybody have one ?
                            Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                            Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                            be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                            4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                            2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                            OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                            4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                            Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                            Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                            LG BH10LS38
                            LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Originally posted by DosFreak:
                              ... This updated OGL driver that came out 2 days ago works on v4.28. ...
                              Hi DosFreak,

are you talking about a new UT OpenGL driver or one for your GeForce ?

Just curious, 'cos I heard more than once that EPIC would drop OGL support for Unreal/UT/Unreal2, but I'd really love to keep it continued ...

Cheers,
                              Maggi
                              Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                              Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                              be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                              4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                              2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                              OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                              4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                              Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                              Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                              LG BH10LS38
                              LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Working...
                              X