OpenGL ICD Fade Mode Bug MARK2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenGL ICD Fade Mode Bug MARK2

This will be crossposted to MURC's Matrox Hardware and Gaming, as well as the Matrox Technical Forums.

The fade mode bug in the OpenGL ICD is still present. It existed in Daikatana, and now shows up in a major way in Baldur's Gate 2.

Hopefully someone can FIX this problem at some point (hint to all Matrox employees reading this forum...)!

The exact nature of the problem is as follows:

When fading from a black screen to a full scene, instead of the screen gradually getting brighter... there are flickery horizontal strips of the screen which jump up and down until the fade is complete.

- Gurm

------------------
    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

they did fix the Fade mode bug in Euphoria, but it still exists in Daikatana (which I did not check out yet)? and also in Baldurs Gate 2? interesting....

Comment

Actually, a little birdie told me a while back that they might have been two separate bugs which just looked very similar. Apparently the Euphoria fix was a one-line affair.

- Gurm

------------------
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

We tried Daikatana here and all is ok with enabling Vsync thru our MTSTUtil.

Can you try this also with BG2 and see if it fixes it?

Thanks,

Haig

Comment

Yes Haig, but I guess we prefer having V-sync off It works fine in win9x with v-sync disabled.

BTW, it´s nice to have you around more often than you used to after the opening of Matrox official fori

Comment

Thanks for the feedback and the welcome Nuno. This was just a suggestion as a temporary workaround until it gets fixed.

Haig

Comment

Yes, seems to fix the problem. I can live with sometime slow-paced like BG2 having VSync on. Daikatana, on the other hand... it's a good thing I don't play that one very much.

- Gurm

------------------

Comment

Is this the same problem seen in the Kingpin cut scenes?
                Cheers,

archangle

Comment

that would very likely be a "YES"

[This message has been edited by dZeus (edited 30 September 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                  X