New system with G400 OEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New system with G400 OEM

Nice forum - I own a Viper II and you should see ours... its hell.

Anyhoo - building a system for a mate

ASUS A7V + DURON 650@900 with 256 PC100 etc.

Having a few problems with Unreal Tournament.

In D3d slow as treacle - and in OpenGL fast but with the trippiest texture corruption you have ever seen.

Questions - Are there any necessary BIOS updates?

What is the most recent driver (that is stable in UT)?

What is the most recent TurboGL (yadda)?

Do they work on VIA chip sets (with latest 4in1) or should I look elsewhere for UT stability?

What are your frame rates (tell me what setting BIOS et al and where the demo is to download for proper comparison)?

Very much thanks in advance...
    I don't even own a G400 - but I know somebody who does ands they are clueless...

Oleg: Do you use a translater to translate your message from Russian to English, or did you type that message yourself?

If you typed that message yourself, then I have a lot of respect that you at least try to type in English... and I bet your English is about infinite as good as the average non-Russian Russian language skills

Are there any good translators for Russian to English? I tried to translate some Russian stuff to English, but I never understood a word of it...

[This message has been edited by dZeus (edited 21 September 2000).]

Comment

I understood you Oleg!

But you didn't get that the poster has a viper II, but he' building another machine which has a G400 in it (hence title of thread).

Finishing off Oleg's translation:

Second: it is necessary or the BIOS is not necessary to stitch is on thy discretion, troubles will not vanish.

Secondly: BIOS setting won't do a lot

Third: on VIA all should work. Can safely put 4in1 v.4.25a + AGP Pack 4x/133. Problems like would not be watched while.

Thirdly: There shouldn't be any probs with VIA mainboard - install 4 in 1 v4.25a + AGP driver update and you won't see any problems.

Oleg - I did Russian at school for a couple of years and I also have the utmost respect for you writing english - I cannot write russian at all (I can read it, but not understand what I read!)

------------------
      Cheers,
      Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

My ViperII is sweet but thanks for the concern

Will try all this tomorrow - but methinks it is already as stated (except that AGP textures thing). What is the latest 6.xx driver/powerdesk and turboGL? 6.02 and 1.30?

Thanks again.
        I don't even own a G400 - but I know somebody who does ands they are clueless...

Comment

make sure you have set "Assign IRQ to VGA" in the bios to "enable", and make sure that the PCI slot next to the AGP slot is free. Flash the BIOS of your motherboard to the latest version (just to be sure), and enable ACPI. If you plan to use Win98, set the Aperture size to 256MB, since that is needed by the TurboGL driver. However, many people reported that the PowerDesk 6.x drivers are almost as fast as the 5.55 with TurboGL 1.3

Make sure you install the VIA 4-in-1 driver before you install the Matrox PowerDesk driver.

Good Luck!

Comment

oh, with UT make sure you have set AGP textures to disabled.. enabling this feature will slow down the game to a crawl (on my system).

Comment

So.. On problems thee are not avaricious
              First: the driver should be NATIVE, for Viper II.
              Second: it is necessary or the BIOS is not necessary to stitch is on thy discretion, troubles will not vanish.
              Third: on VIA all should work. Can safely put 4in1 v.4.25a + AGP Pack 4x/133. Problems like would not be watched while.

The configuration of the machine with this card: Asus P2B/Viper II 32Mb/256 PC133/P!!! -600EB/IMB 10Gb

P.S. It is a forum Matrox

Sorry for my English.
              P!!!-900/128Mb PC133
              WD200BB
              DVD Pioneer DVD-115
              SB PCI128
              CTX - PR500F
              MB GA-6OXM7E
              MGA G400 SH 32MB

Comment

What english?

Comment

THIS is the latest driver (6.04)
                  Don't waste your time with the turbogl, this driver is as fast and less buggy

THIS is the latest bios (109)
                  good luck!
                  be sure to have dx7.0a installed
                  jim

------------------
                  P3-700e @ 1052! Check it here!
                  Abit BE6-2
                  TwinMos 128mb pc-133
                  G400 32mb DH
                  Maxtor 15.3gb 7,200rpm
                  SB Live!
                  Winblows 98se & DX7
                  and 384k DSL!
                  System 1:
                  AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
                  Epox 8K7A
                  2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
                  an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
                  SBLIVE 5.1
                  Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
                  IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
                  Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
                  3Com Hardware Modem
                  Teac 20/10/40 burner
                  Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

Working...
                  X