Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texture Probs in CS with G400 Win2k

Hi,
    I had a Problem with the latest betadriver for the g400 in win2k. I had horizontal green lines. I fixed them with gl_ztrick 1. Thanks to Rags. But now the textures are geting strange after a few minutes. And a bit later it isn´t possible anymore to play. Because you don´t see anything. Do I need another command in config.cfg?

Oh, my gl_ztrick 1 only "stays" for one game session. Next time I start it, the entry in config.cfg is gone.

S.G.

Put the gl_ztrick 1 line in your autoexec.cfg, creating one if you dont have such a file.

About your later text corruption, could you post a screenshot or describe it?

-Rahul
    Porsche: MSI K7N2-L, Athlon XP 2100+, G400 32MB DualHead, 1G RAM, 2xMaxtor 20 GB, Gentoo Linux
    Quicksilver: HP Omnibook 500, PIII 700 MHz, 512MB RAM, 30GB, RedHat Linux 9.

Comment

Sorry, my english isn´t that good, so that I could describe it exactly. I have no dictionary here at the moment. But setting the command gl_polyoffset to 3 decreases the texture problem. Playing half an our was now Problem. Now I only see sometimes pixels or pixels in a line between two textures for example a wall and the ground having a wrong/changeing the color. So it is much better now. But is there a possibility the fix this too?

Comment

Es ist nich strickt notwendig auf Englisch zum reden, es gibt viele menschen hier die Deutch verstehen, und wenn notwendig können sie dein Text auf Englisch übersetzen.

( Sorry for my bad German skills )

I only wanted to make clear that if you feel more comfortable talking German, just do it, it won't be a problem because there are more then enough people around that can translate your text to English here.

However, I can't help you with your problem, since I don't play CS. But for a start, you could try the latest certified drivers.. maybe they don't need z_trick 1, and maybe everything else will be fine too with them

Comment

Also dann mal auf deutsch:
          Nach kurzer Zeit fangen die Texturen der Waffe an zu flimmern. Die Textur selber ist nicht mehr zu erkennen. Etwas spaeter verabschiedet sich auch noch Gewehrfeuer. Es wird durch flackernde gelbliche Vierecke ersetzt. Zielen fällt somit flach. Danach sind die Granaten/Explosionen dran (ebenfalls gelbe) und zum Schluß sind alle Texturen schwarz, flimmern odersind durch flackernde Farben ersetzt und man kann sich nur noch aus dem Spiel zurückziehen.

Mittels gl_polyoffset 3 konnte ich die flackerei abschalten. Jetzt habe ich noch hier und da ein paar flackernde Pixel. Wäre nicht schlecht, wenn man das auch noch abstellen könnte. Ansonsten ist die Sache jedenfalls schon wieder spielbar!

Alla dann
          S.G.

Comment

ok, here's my best shot at a translation:

After a short time the textures on the weapons start to flicker untill they are beyond recognition. After another few minutes the machine gun projectiles are corrupting (they are replaced by yellow-ish cubes). After this it's the grenades and explosions turn to corrupt (all turn yellow). In the end all the textures are either black, flickering or replaced by rainbow-colour textures. The only thing you can do at this point is to withdraw from the game if you don't want to experience a electronic LSD trip (oh, that last thing was not written by gross012 )

With "gl_polyoffset 3" all of the above described problem (or only the flickering textures?) are fixed. There are only some flickering textuers left in very few places in the game. It would be great if those small corruptions could be stopped too... well, at least it is playable again now!

Comment

I have the same problem with UT and certified drivers but only when is hot summer night. 8-)
              ASUS A7V ||| Duron 800@1070 ||| TITAN Majesty -> cooling unit ||| 256Mb PC133 ||| G400 DH MAX ||| SB Live! 1024 ||| IBM 25Gb ||| HP Writer 7100 ||| DVD AOpen 1040 (flash Pionner) ||| Win2k
              -------------------------------
              Only one thing is missing in my life. Save button. (bad English I know...)

Comment

Sounds like a heat problem. I have the same OS and card as you, and I do experience the rainbow textures at some point. However when I press Esc, and then click Resume Game, it's all fixed. Until the next time it happens...

Does this workaround fix the problem on your system? I have a feeling both our cards are overheating, but I'll let the HL gurus give you more help (Kruzin, Rags, et al). I find the problem is less in the 5.06 drivers. Unfortunately, the 5.06 drivers allow me to play only one "session", if I ever press Esc, I cannot get back to the game screen although I am being slaughtered in the background

Hope all this rambling helped a little, and I hope you can understand my English

_rahul
                Porsche: MSI K7N2-L, Athlon XP 2100+, G400 32MB DualHead, 1G RAM, 2xMaxtor 20 GB, Gentoo Linux

Comment

Forgot to say a couple of things. I am poly_offset 2, and I am trying the latest drivers soon. More later...

Comment

Working...
                  X