X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dungeon Keeper II with G400 in 32bit

It's one of those things...

*sigh*

Bullfrog claims that it's the drivers that are broken. They cite the fact that it works in SOME conditions on SOME nVidia driver sets in SOME resolutions.

However, since MOST nVidia drivers, ALL ATI drivers, and ALL Matrox drivers fail to show the text, I'd say it's a programming flaw on the game company's part.

Moreover, they don't even officially support 32-bit at all! (Probably because their coders couldn't get the text to display!)

I called them once and they were like "Sorry, it just doesn't work and we're not going to fix it..."

So there's the answer. Most of us just copied down the order of menus in the opening sequence and click on the invisible text, as all the in-game text works fine.

- Gurm

------------------
    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Dungeon Keeper II with G400 in 32bit

Please is anybody who knows why DKII (any version) in 32bit mode dont show texts in start menu ??? There is only static texts. In 16bit mode everithink is OK but then the game is ugli particularly when env. bump mapping is enabled. 8-(

My comp:
    P!!! 450 @ 564Mhz
    128 Mb
    Soyo with ata66(HP366)
    IBM 25Gb
    Caviar 12.5Gb
    AOpen 1040 DVD
    G400 32Mb DualHead
    SB Live 1024

ASUS A7V ||| Duron 800@1070 ||| TITAN Majesty -> cooling unit ||| 256Mb PC133 ||| G400 DH MAX ||| SB Live! 1024 ||| IBM 25Gb ||| HP Writer 7100 ||| DVD AOpen 1040 (flash Pionner) ||| Win2k
    -------------------------------
    Only one thing is missing in my life. Save button. (bad English I know...)

Comment

Hmmm, I guess my machine is a weird one. I have had problems in the past if my desktop was set to anything higher than 16-bit and try to launch DK2. Today on a clean install of Windows ME, I run my desktop at 32 1280X1024 and DK2 v1.7 has no problems at all. No lock-ups no missing menus, none of that. I guess the sun is shinning on my ass for the day.

------------------
      PIII/600 256MB, ASUS P3B-F,50+GB, G400MAX +12MB voodoo2, SB live!, DSL, etc....
      PIII/850, 640MB, ASUS P3B-F,80GB+ of HD, G400MAX +12MB voodoo2, SB live!MP3, Cable Modem, etc...

Comment

the problem is not the desktop coulor depth, but the -32biteverything command which enables 32bit IN the game

------------------
        >> Surfwienix <<

My System:

AMD K6-2/400 non-o/c
        Epox MVP3C-M Super7 (VIA 4.24)
        128MB SDRAM(PC100)
        Matrox Millennium G400 MAX
        (PD 6.11.031 BETA + TGL 1.3 + DX 7a) AGP2x/256MB @IRQ11(not sharing) non-o/c
        Terratec DMX Sound-System
        6,4GB Maxtor HDD (UDMA33)
        ASUS 50x-CDROM (UDMA33)
        Realtek 8019 Ethernet (ISA)
        Creatix HAM V.90 Modem
        19" Monitor CTX-VL950T (95khz)
        Windows 98SE
        my system:

AMD XP 2000+
        Abit KTA7 (VIA 4.49)
        512MB SDRAM133
        Matrox Millennium G400 MAX (5.91, AGP 2x)
        Windows XP Prof

Comment

Maybe Bullfrog dont want lose their shine? I think it is their fault, because DKII engine is excelent at all, but if full works only under nVidia cards... I hope Bullfrog will release some update to fix it.
          btw: I think about the problem and I suppose that they use alpha blended texts, but in 32bpp used with bad pixel format, or some thing like this. Anyway fixing this problem is not a big problem.
          ASUS A7V ||| Duron 800@1070 ||| TITAN Majesty -> cooling unit ||| 256Mb PC133 ||| G400 DH MAX ||| SB Live! 1024 ||| IBM 25Gb ||| HP Writer 7100 ||| DVD AOpen 1040 (flash Pionner) ||| Win2k
          -------------------------------
          Only one thing is missing in my life. Save button. (bad English I know...)

Comment

Working...
          X