Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Screenshots from 3D shutter glasses in action (260KB)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screenshots from 3D shutter glasses in action (260KB)

Hi Guys'n'Girls,

a few people wanted to know how it would like when 3D glasses are rendering 3D scenes, so here we go ...

This is the actual screenshot, showing two different perspectives (left and right eye's view) of the actual 3D scene, rendered on top of each other

and this is the result of the VGA pass-through adapter, combining both pictures and put into one interlaced picture where even and odd fields are separated to either the left ot right eye by the synced shutter glasses

Hope that clears it up ...

Cheers,
    Maggi
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
    Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
    4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
    2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
    4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
    Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
    LG BH10LS38
    LG DM2752D 27" 3D

You know if you turn your monitor (or head) sideways and cross your eyes to overlap the top two images, you get the 3-D effect without the glasses.

Comment

or you could just drink 8 bottles of brown really quickly.

Comment

You know, that's an interesting application of the dual-head cards. Use two monitors, both having different images on them, corresponding to the left and right eye views. Wearing the appropriate lenses to overlap the images would give you 3-D. It might be superior to the shutter glasses type of 3-D display.

This type of representation is common in books where a 3-D presentation is necessary.

Matrox...are you there?

[This message has been edited by Brian R. (edited 11 September 2000).]

Comment

side by side screen shot Kasparov

do as Brian says

(note: is 1280 wide)

Maggi, remeber that email a few weeks ago? LOL
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Gee Brian, where have I seen that before?

Take the concept of 3D glasses and implement it with two monitors via DualHead.
            <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

If there's a similar concept in that topic, I'll never take the time to find it.

Don't forget, I'm not talking about shutter glasses, which are the only type available at this time. I'm talking about a form of standard lenses to aim your vision to the correct point to overlap the two images.

Oh, I've found it. I don't know what implementation you were thinking of. Anyway, I'm not interested in intelectual property rights anyway...

[This message has been edited by Brian R. (edited 12 September 2000).]

Comment

Proof is left to the student.
                I thought of that concept after I read some NDA recipient commenting that the G800 will show that Matrox is no slouch when it comes to 3D. That and the then ongoing discussion about 3D glasses led to that "revelation". It would be interesting to see if Matrox could exploit the DH capability in such a way though I would never benefit from it: left eye is very weak ... 3D tricks never work for me. Maybe Matrox will get wind of this idea and do something with it? Should we work together and patent something?
                <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Xortam - I'll bet the concept is patented. It's too obvious if I thought of it.

Why don't you E-mail me bdrogers@bellatlantic.net
                  and we'll talk about it.

Comment

Say, Brian ... don't start taking me too seriously now. Developing this concept to a patentable point sounds too much like work to me. I'm not that ambitious any more.

Comment

If it's "too obvious", then it can't be patented. The hardware to do it though.....
                      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                      X