Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Tournament 2 ... jeeez, is this game gonna rock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unreal Tournament 2 ... jeeez, is this game gonna rock?

The Unreal engine of today:
    http://www.dailyradar.com/features/g...ge_1444_1.html

Jeeez ... I can't wait to get this game!
    Downloaded the 42MB mpeg too, that was 2 min of awsome graphics ...

Roger that!

As long as the netcode is as good or better than UT's, I'll have this as soon as it hits stores!

(We already KNOW the single-player game's gonna rock, if Unreal 1 was any indication.)

------------------
    Ace
    "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
    Gainward Ti4600
    AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Do you know whereelse we can get this download from? I keep getting a FTP error.

Joel
      Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
      Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

IMO Unreal and UT both really suck. Their graphics engine leaves a lot to be desired. Come on, still using a GLide api??? Oh, then port it to D3D. Whatta joke. Maybe Sweeny will get his head out of 3dfx's arse this time around, and it will actually be a decent engine...maybe.

Rags

Comment

Awww Comon Rags...Its a fun man!

Comment

TFC kicks UT's ass. I haven't played UT in months. Maybe if Haig puts Rocket Arena on the UT server, I will play it again.

Rags

Comment

The newer version of the Unreal Engine will not support Software or GLide. It will support Opengl and D3D.

I guess they did that so we won't be able to compare to the Glide API to see how crappy it'll still be. (j/king!!!! )
              C:\DOS
              C:\DOS\RUN
              \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

Joel:
                Just call me at ICQ #47010716 and I'll make it available from my own ftp.

Comment

I finally got through. Thanks though. That demo looks pretty cool.

Joel
                  Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                  Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Think there's any chance that they'll release an update/expansion for UT with the new engine improvements?

Comment

Try Unreality for the movie.

Sorry you dislike it so badly Rags. Personally, I think TFC stinks, but that's mainly because I get severe lag in every multiplayer match I join (and this is using a cable connection), whereas UT is about the best FPS I've experienced in that regard to date. To each his own, I suppose..

------------------
                      Ace

[This message has been edited by Ace (edited 11 September 2000).]

System specs:
                      Gainward Ti4600

Comment

Sorry isochar. One of the site's that interviewed Sweeney included a comment from him that, No, there will not be a patch issued for either Unreal 1 or Unreal Tournament containing the new features. (I think this was a preemptive response to keep people from reacting the way we did to Unreal 1 when we saw the improved engine in UT, hehe).

------------------
                        Ace

System specs:
                        Gainward Ti4600

Comment

I think that UT's engine sucks. It was GREAT with Unreal, and single player game, with every map having great detail, like nice lensflares, or Skaarj jumping out of "nowhere" .. ..

But, UT was a long time later, and should have had something new, in addition to bigger textures.. Bump mapping would have been REALLY nice... Q3A rocked over UT in GFX, but was way too boring, and had bad mod-interface.

So, as a game, UT is a lot better (than Q3A), but misses modern GFX and single player (which was the reason why I fell in love with original Unreal ..

Hopefully UT2 will have single player ..

------------------

Comment

I think the netcode in TFC is better than UT's. And I am using cable, too. But that's not my problem with it.

Rags

Comment

I'd agree on the graphics issue with you, Rags. But I haven't figured out why every TFC server around seems to lag severely when I'm on it (maybe the servers are set up to recognize my connection ). On the other hand, UT is just a majorly addictive blast, and usually has tons of playable servers, while the graphics are more than acceptable.

I also agree that Q3A has much better graphics than UT, but the gameplay stinks. For some reason, the first Q3 non-demos (hehe) seemed to be much more fun than the final product was. UT on the other hand has even exceeded the expectations I got from the demos.

------------------
                              Ace

System specs:
                              Gainward Ti4600

Comment

Working...
                              X