No announcement yet.

Alright all you TFC playing MURCers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alright all you TFC playing MURCers...

Let's get to playing on the tech support server. The ip is 204.50.135.80 the password is murc. We need to get some people going there, and we need some people to answer the questions posed in this thread here.

Hope to see you guys there tonight and other nights!!

Rags

I check it all the time and even ran around by my self hoping others would show, but no luck so far.

Hope to start seeing people soon...

Jeff (Gyaq)
    -We stop learning when We die, and some
    people just don't know They're dead yet!

Member of the COC!
    Minister of Confused Knightly Defence (MCKD)

Food for thought...
    - Remember when naps were a bad thing?
    - Remember 3 is the magic number....

Comment

Rags, does the server have a name? I typed in the ip number, and got a flash of HL contacting a server with "Tech" in the name, but it must not start with that. I'm currently showing almost 5000 servers...which makes it kinda hard to pick one out if you don't know the full, proper name...
      (And don't forget those silly [[// leet figures go into how they get sorted, too.

Goosh

Comment

Just put a filter on that shows only your favorites. When you add the server by ip, it will automagically come up on yer favorites. It is called MGI tech support server.

Rags

Comment

Saw cybertek on the UT server today.

Comment

I tried logging on yesterday and saw that Rags was there -- then I found out that I couldn't connect because I had the wrong protocol version. By the time I updated and got things going again, the server was empty.

I've never played TFC, but if you can tolerate a newbie, I'll try to visit. Actually, the MGI server is the only one that shows up for me (because I entered the IP address directly). How do I get a listing of the other thousands of servers out there?
            My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

Beezer, check your filters; if you're _real_ particular about ping, you might not be getting anything past that filter. Once your filters are to your liking (and uncheck "favorites" for now), go back to the previous menu and click on "update", then go get a cup of coffee....

Rags: thanks for the tip on finding the server. Worked fine!

Comment

Maybe we can set somethig up for this weekend?

I keep trying but never seem to find anyone...

Jeff (Gyaq)
                -We stop learning when We die, and some
                people just don't know They're dead yet!

Member of the COC!
                Minister of Confused Knightly Defence (MCKD)

Food for thought...
                - Remember when naps were a bad thing?
                - Remember 3 is the magic number....

Comment

Yeah, This weekend sounds good. Let's hear some times of when people can do it.

Comment

I always find an empty server, too. I'd vote for Sunday late afternoon/evening. I'll be out of town until then. I'd love to play some TFC with my fellow MURCers (and minis!).

Oh for those of you who are new to TFC, to enter a password protected server, you type the following in the console:

password <PW>
                    connect <IP>

It's not like UT where you connect to the server and then give the password.

Hope to see you all there this weekend!
                    PIII 550@605
                    IWill Motherboard VD133
                    VIA Chipset
                    512MB PC133 CAS2 Crucial
                    G400 DH 32MB (6.51 Drivers)
                    DirectX 8.0a
                    SB Live! Value
                    8x DVD (Toshiba)
                    6x4x24 CDRW (Sony)
                    Intel Pro/100+ NIC
                    3Com CMX Cable Modem
                    Optiquest V95 19"
                    HP 812C Color Ink Jet
                    Microtek flatbed scanner
                    Intellimouse Explorer
                    Surround Sound w/two subwoofers
                    AND WAY TOO MANY GAMES!!!

Comment

Actually it did indeed work very similar to UT. I clicked on the server, it asked me for a password and then connected me. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to remember it. It asks for the password every time I connect.

Gooshy - thanks for the advice about the filters. That may be my problem. After a few minutes of scanning for servers with Update, it just comes back with the MGI server as the only one listed.

I give it a try again tonight.
                      My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

Hmm, I've never had it work that way, Beezer... I suppose this would be a good time to say "Your mileage may vary"
                        PIII 550@605
                        IWill Motherboard VD133
                        VIA Chipset
                        512MB PC133 CAS2 Crucial
                        DirectX 8.0a
                        SB Live! Value
                        8x DVD (Toshiba)
                        6x4x24 CDRW (Sony)
                        Intel Pro/100+ NIC
                        3Com CMX Cable Modem
                        Optiquest V95 19"
                        HP 812C Color Ink Jet
                        Microtek flatbed scanner
                        Intellimouse Explorer

Comment

ahartman, it works if you don't use the console. What I mean is, just click on the TFC icon on your desktop, and use the menus instead of using the HL console.

Rags

Comment

Actually, last nite, it worked just like Beezer said it would. Go figure. I should've inserted the old "Your mileage may vary" disclaimer!

I had an actual person sighting last nite. I saw Jon P. Ingram there (can't remember his name in-game).

Has anyone picked a time for the TFC match? I get great pings to the server so I'm fired up.

I'll throw out 5:00pm Sunday evening (CST). My girlfriend leaves today for 2 weeks so I'm a free man. I can shoot until I can't see anymore!
                            PIII 550@605
                            IWill Motherboard VD133
                            VIA Chipset
                            512MB PC133 CAS2 Crucial
                            DirectX 8.0a
                            SB Live! Value
                            8x DVD (Toshiba)
                            6x4x24 CDRW (Sony)
                            Intel Pro/100+ NIC
                            3Com CMX Cable Modem
                            Optiquest V95 19"
                            HP 812C Color Ink Jet
                            Microtek flatbed scanner
                            Intellimouse Explorer

Comment

Rotareneg's my handle when I play games online. It's from my old character on Evercrack, before I quit playing (and started up a new one after about 2-3 months). I couldn't think of a name, so I tried different things on the selection screen spelt backwards.

I too was getting a good ping to the TFC server, between 100 and 75, mostly in the 80's.

Too bad it's still not as good as playing on the local cable CS server, that's basicly like playing on a big LAN.

Comment

Working...
                              X