QUAKE 2 modem vs LAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QUAKE 2 modem vs LAN

Quake 2 was working fine for me over a modem until last weekend when I played across a local lan. now , when I start up quake, I get
    to the point where I try to join a network server and it quits to the desktop. The only way I can prevent that is if I have another PC connected through an ethernet card. Several months ago , I remember the exact
    opposite problem. I couln't play accross a LAN unless my modem was connected. very strange. Is there some kind of search order
    that quake 2 follows for LAN servers vs internet servers and quits if it doesn't find the first one ? is there a config setting that will let it search any type
    of connection ? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,
    Rob_b
    pentium III @550mhz
    intel 440BX pci chipset
    512mb memory, g400max,
    cybervision C70 monitor
    win2000 on maxtor 8.4 gb

the only way i can play lan (joining) is if i hit the lan server tab as soon as the server page comes up, otherwise it tries to dial up, mayby it remembers the last configuration you used, anyway that is what i had to do.
    regards tic
    ever started at the bottom of the ladder, worked your way up to find your leaning on the wrong wall

Comment

Thanks for the response. Do you mean the speed selection option in the player setup
      menu ? I don't know what you mean by lan server tab. this would solve half my problem
      pentium III @550mhz
      intel 440BX pci chipset
      512mb memory, g400max,
      cybervision C70 monitor
      win2000 on maxtor 8.4 gb

Comment

Working...
      X