• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo GL

Is the Turbo GL still useful?

------------------
    "I wish I was a witch...
    ...to shove my broomstick right up your *ss."

Celeron 433 o/c´d to 459Mhz; Intel Atlanta 440LX o/c´d to 70.7 FSB (BIOS Rev. 14); 128 Mb SDRAM PC100; Soundblaster PCI 128; Matrox G400 16 Mb AGP at 146 Mhz + fan, o/c´d BIOS, 348 Mhz RAMDAC (thanx Hunsow); 4.3 Gb Western Digital Caviar; Iomega internal 100Mb Zip drive; Sony HMD-A200 17" Trinitron

Yes, IMO. With PD6 and TGL 1.3, I get the best fps. Second is PD6 ICD. Third is PD 5.52 w/TGL. People say that TGL shouldn't be used with 6.x, but I don't have any problems with it except the missing flashlight in HL, and its much faster than PD6 ICD.

Comment

Use the ICD instead, the performance difference is usually not more than a fps or two at low res. TGL doesn't support many OpenGL extension either, so you may loose some visuals in some games.

Comment

I thought the missing flashlight was due to the PD6 drivers, not the TurboGL. I'm pretty sure I'm now running without the TGL in HL, but still no flashlight -- which is quite annoying while trying to play "They Hunger" (lots of dark rooms and caves).

Does anyone know a work around?
        My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

I don't know about the GL extensions, but with TGL, I get much more than just one or two fps increase, I get like 10-15.

Comment

I get no performance increase in Quake 3 and I get more hardrive thrashing.

The visuals look the same to me, although I wasn´t paying much attention.

I guess that Matrox will leave TurboGL, now that they have a decent ICD.

------------------
            "I wish I was a witch...

Celeron 433@468Mhz; Intel Atlanta 440LX@72 FSB; 128 Mb SDRAM PC100; Soundblaster PCI 128; Matrox G400 16Mb AGP@146Mhz + fan; 4.3Gb Western Digital Caviar; Iomega internal 100Mb Zip drive; Sony HMD-A200 17" Trinitron

Comment

yes, the turbogl is still very useful, please compare it with HEAVyMETALFAKK2 on the openGL icd. The openglICD has too much visual errors and is slower then the TGL1.3.

[This message has been edited by John Rambo (edited 01 September 2000).]

Comment

I still use TurboGL 1.0 with PD 6.x. For TFC, the difference is not that significant. Except with 1.0 I can see infinately under water.

:-}

-Ijon

Comment

I use TGL not as much as a speed booster but to correct the glitches the ICD gives in some games.

Comment

TGL works GREAT with my favorite game: Quake1
                    chuck

[This message has been edited by cjolley (edited 04 September 2000).]
                    Chuck
                    秋音的爸爸

Comment

How can I manually install TurboGL, since it doesn´t detect some games?

------------------
                      "I wish I was a witch...

Celeron 433@468Mhz; Intel Atlanta 440LX@72 FSB; 128 Mb SDRAM PC100; Soundblaster PCI 128; Matrox G400 16Mb AGP@146Mhz + fan; 4.3Gb Western Digital Caviar; Iomega internal 100Mb Zip drive; Sony HMD-A200 17" Trinitron

Comment

Fácil Extrai o ficheiro mgatglp2.dll, muda o nome para opengl32.dll e pronto...

Comment

Working...
                        X