Counter-Strike beta7 gamma bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counter-Strike beta7 gamma bug

It seems that CS doesnt want me to change the gamma. If I try gl_texsort 1 and gl_overbright 1, it restarts the game and sets it back to gl_texsort 0 (overbright is saturated lighting, looks MUCH nicer, with a slight performance hit). lightgamma can not be changed (stuck at 2.5). If I try to change it, it kills me and sets it back to 2.5. Previously, I used gl_texsort 1, gl_overbright 1, texgamma 3, lightgamma 2, gamma 3, brightness 1.5. Now the first four commands no longer work. Everything looks terrible now, the dark areas are almost pitch black, the bright areas are too bright.

I think that the CS team may have done this to prevent cheating (with bright screen you can see people in darkness), but its stupid IMO since people can still change brightness on their monitor.

BTW, this is my opengl cfg:
    gl_overbright "1"
    gl_ztrick "0"
    gl_dither "1"
    gl_polyoffset "2"
    gl_lightholes "1"
    gl_keeptjunctions "1"
    r_drawviewmodel "1"
    r_mmx "1"
    gl_alphamin "0.25"
    cl_himodels "0"
    gl_texturemode "GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR"
    brightness "1.5"
    gamma "3.0"
    lambert "-2"
    texgamma 3
    lightgamma 2
    scr_conspeed "2000.00"
    gl_texsort "1"
    gl_palette_tex "1"
    r_decals "500"

------------------
    Intel P3-750@825 (7.5x110 FSB), Abit BE6-II, Micron PC133 256MB RAM (128MBx2), Quantum Fireball KA Plus 18.2GB, Promise Ultra66, Kenwood 72X TrueX, Plextor Plexwriter 8/4/32, 3Com Courier Analog V.Everything, Linksys LNE100TX NIC (1 Mbps SDSL!)Diamond MX300, Matrox G400MAX (PD6), DirectX 7.0a, Cambridge Soundworks Microworks system, Sony 19" 400PS, Logitech Cordless Mouseman Wheel, Epson Perfection 1200U PHOTO Scanner, Epson Stylus Color 850 inkjet, Addtronics 7890A w/ 350W Turbo-Cool PS

I seem to have this problem too, but I tried to adjust the gamma through the menu. It is a bit dark on my monitor. Did you try posting on the CS' forums?
    Ant @ The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.ma.cx)

Comment

If I remember correctly this feature is turned off in CS7
      Matrox Millenium P750 bios 1.3 - 12, P4 3Ghz HT 800Mhz, Asus P4P800 Deluxe, 1Gb DDR400 Dual Channel, Dual Seagate 80Gb S-ATA on Intel Raid level 0, Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-M1302, external Yamaha CD-RW CRW-F1DX on Firewire, Microsoft Natural Elite keyboard, Microsoft Intellimouse Optical, Viewsonic P90F, Viewsonic PF790

Comment

These always worked until beta7. Gamma and brightness don't do much. The default setting give me a washed out picture. The bright areas are too bright, the dark areas are too dark. gl_texsort 1, gl_overbright 1, texgamma 3 and lightgamma 2 combined balances the colors. The bright areas are not as bright, and the dark areas aren't as dark.

Comment

Working...
        X