Screen goes nutz!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen goes nutz!

I know some of you have experienced this before and I was hopping to find a solution.

About 5 minutes into a D3D game (any game).. My screen goes crazy and turns into millions of colored pixals. The mouse pointer turns into a big square and I can still move it around. At this point the system need a hard reboot... Any ideas???

SPECS
    ASUS K7V with latest VIA drivers..
    G400maxDH 6.01 driver
    Athlon 800 OC'ed to 840 mHz
    256 133ram (MemoryMan)
    internal zip 100
    Diamond supra express ex. modem
    Yamaha 8/4/24 CD writer
    Pioneer 115 DVD
    Maxtor 27gig UMDA 66 primary
    IBM 11gig UMDA 66 secondary
    Diamond MX400 sound card

Jack...

What version of BIOS do you use?
    You definitly should update it if you didn't.
    Matrox Millenium P750 bios 1.3 - 12, P4 3Ghz HT 800Mhz, Asus P4P800 Deluxe, 1Gb DDR400 Dual Channel, Dual Seagate 80Gb S-ATA on Intel Raid level 0, Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-M1302, external Yamaha CD-RW CRW-F1DX on Firewire, Microsoft Natural Elite keyboard, Microsoft Intellimouse Optical, Viewsonic P90F, Viewsonic PF790

Comment

I get this too if I clock my G400 a few mhz too high, mostly in Quake III. It looks like it's playing 'mix and match' with the textures. It looks quite trippy, and not altogether too unpleasant!

Comment

Add some more cooling. Sounds like a heat related problem.

Joel

I just noticed something else. You are OCing your CPU to 840. Are you doing this through the FSB? if so try clocking it back down to default settings and see if you still have the same problems. If so then it maybe related to what I stated in the first place.

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 30 August 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 30 August 2000).]
        Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
        Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

I get the million pixels when the memory on my vanilla is clocked too high or if I try to run 2xAGP on a BX mobo when the AGP bus is doing 89 or more.
          I get the broken glass effect when the core is clocked too high.

Comment

Working...
          X