Force trilinear filtering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Force trilinear filtering

How can i force my g400 to use trilinear filtering in every game, or is that even possible ? i'm using winME and pd5.52,
    and if you know any great tweaks to improve image quality, please tell me !?!

AFAIK, there´s no tweak to do that. In Opengl games (the vast majority of them using Q2 engine) you can add "gl_texturemode gl_linear_mipmap_linear" to the .cfg file. Most of games have trilinear as an option in the game menus.

Comment

Trilinear filtering can only be set from within games as far as I know. Same goes for the bilinear filtering. Even though the hardware may be able to do it. You could ofcourse check the registry, on Matrox and DirectX settings. Who knows?

(In HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Class\Display\0000\INFO there's a line called LinearAccess set to 01, maybe you can work from there)

Btw, why do you use PD5.52 with WinME, when PD 6.01 works better (errrm, for me anyway )?

Jord.

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 27 August 2000).]
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

I use pd 5.52 because its the fastest that works in my machine. pd 6.01 crashes immediately when windows has loaded up, i can see a flash of desktop, but then comes a blue screen and some error "internal error, system halted, please reboot)

and PDs 5.55 -> 6.00(? not sure what wa before 6.01) are slower than pd 5.52, and i think its because they have older g400icd.dll

my machine is k6-2 and some ss7 mb with via mvp3 chipset, and i DONT have via 4in1 drivers installed, cause then turbogl wont work and games are slower (dont know why?) and of course G400 DH 32MB

if someone knows how to make pd 6.01 work and if its any good, please tell me

and if you know any graphical improvements, tell me!

Comment

Apparently, the latest VIA 4in1 drivers are a lot better than the older ones. And no, I can't say from experience, for I have an Intel mobo

Jord.
          Jordâ„¢

Comment

Working...
          X