Counter-Strike Server...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counter-Strike Server...

I've just got my 1mbps SDSL line up and running. I'm considering setting up a small server for MURC CS players. However, the server that I will be using is only a P166 w/32 MB RAM. I figure the playerlimit will be around 8 (my line can handle more however). Please give me suggestions on what maps to run etc.

IP: 64.7.27.122:27015
    Password: murc

Current mapcycle: cs_siege, de_aztec, de_dust, de_prodigy, cs_assault, cs_italy, de_nuke, cs_militia

hmmm...will it run cs on a 166? I'm really happy that someone from MURC actually set up a server for CS finally whoopee!!! Thanks!

I like all of the maps you've picked but I think you should add cobble and/or replace prodigy, but hey! that's my opinion Will this server always be up?

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Yes, I ran it for a couple of hours last night. Worked fine, but on the larger maps, it started to lag with 7 or 8 people (I was on the LAN and had a 120 ping). Also, the map changes took quite a long time because of the slow HD (almost a minute I think). Unfortunately, after a while it segfaulted (crashed). It's running RH Linux 6.2. Perhaps its bad RAM or crappy CPU cooling.

Damn, it crashed again Hmm, but this PC has been running non-stop crunching SETI for a week before I stopped SETI to try setting up a server. Perhaps I can run it on my main machine (P3-750 @ 825, 256MB RAM), but its running Win98, and from experience Win98 sucks for servers.

{edit} Hmm, maybe I'll build another cheap rig to run the server on (post in General HW).

[This message has been edited by Liquid Snake (edited 22 August 2000).]

Comment

Working...
      X