X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy of original UT CD

Hello,

I have the following question:

Is it possible to make a copy of the original UT CD. I want to use this copy instead of the original when the game asks for the insertion of the CD. I want to prevent accidents from happening that would damage the original CD, which would leave the game unplayable.

I already tried copying all files from the CD onto the HDD, and then burn it to a CD-RW.
    EasyCD creator refused (saying that some file extension were not ok), but Nero did the job. However, UT refused the copy and asked for the original. I also set the volume-label of the copy the same (UT_CD1_400D).

Another option ofcourse would be a patch so that you can start UT without having to insert the original.

Regards,

Matt Houben
    e-mail: matt.houben@eurocontrol.be
    --------------------------------------------
    System Spec:

ASUS P2B rev. 1.10 motherboard
    128 MB 100Mhz SD-RAM
    Celeron 400 MHz @ 400 MHz CPU
    Matrox Millennium G200 AGP 8 MB
    Soundblaster Live! with digital I/O
    Quantum Fireball EX 6 GB UDMA/33 HDD [C:, D:]
    Seagate Barracuda 20 GB UDMA/66 HDD [E:, F:, G:]
    HP8100i CD-RW 24x/4x/2x [X:]
    3.5" FDD [A:]
    5.25" FDD [B:]
    Momenta 56K fax/voice/modem
    HP 4100c USB scanner
    HP LJ-5L Printer
    All HD partitions FAT32
    --------------------------------------------
    ASUS P2B rev. 1.10 motherboard | 640 MB 100Mhz CAS 2-2-2 SD-RAM | P!!!-800 MHz @ 800 MHz CPU | Matrox Millennium G200 AGP 8 MB | Soundblaster Live! with digital I/O | Quantum Fireball EX 6 GB UDMA/33 HDD [C,D] | Seagate Barracuda 20 GB UDMA/66 HDD [E,F,G] | HP8100i CD-RW 24x/4x/2x [X] | 3.5" FDD [A]
    | 5.25" FDD [B] | Momenta 56K fax/voice/modem | HP4100c USB scanner | HP LJ-5L printer | OS: Win98: All HD partitions FAT32

Matt,

look at gamecopyworld.com. There are nocd-files for UT and the different patches available, so you don't need to insert the cd to be able to play it. It is basically a modified unrealtournament.exe.

Bye
    Rakido
    "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Downloaded the no-cd patch for v4.28. First applied the v4.28 patch and then the no-cd patch. I can now put the CD away in a safe place.
      ASUS P2B rev. 1.10 motherboard | 640 MB 100Mhz CAS 2-2-2 SD-RAM | P!!!-800 MHz @ 800 MHz CPU | Matrox Millennium G200 AGP 8 MB | Soundblaster Live! with digital I/O | Quantum Fireball EX 6 GB UDMA/33 HDD [C,D] | Seagate Barracuda 20 GB UDMA/66 HDD [E,F,G] | HP8100i CD-RW 24x/4x/2x [X] | 3.5" FDD [A]
      | 5.25" FDD [B] | Momenta 56K fax/voice/modem | HP4100c USB scanner | HP LJ-5L printer | OS: Win98: All HD partitions FAT32

Comment

Working...
      X