This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400MAX - a big joke

Why have a forum for G400 gaming - the card is useless for anything but office work. The G400 was a very good card when it hit the stores years ago, but today it doesn't match up. A lot of talk about G450 and G800, but like always - a lot of talk !!!! Long live Nvidia and ATI who thinks of everyone..... Get upset and tell me what a fool I am, but you can't hide the truth, it's out there and nothing can be done about that....

I was just told that the G800 will make it's debute in August 2000. Mmmm, of course that means year 2003 if we look at the previous Matrox road map. This new card will be almost as fast as the GeForce 2, but sadly by the time this card hit the stores - you'll also get the GeForce 6 for half the price since the GeForce 7 with 512Mb Ram has just made it's debute with it's 18.000 MTexels and 16 x pipeline. Go for it......

Comment

The truth of your mental capabilities is also out there and nothing can be done about that...
      P5B Deluxe, C2D E6600, Scythe Ninja, G.Skill 2GBHX
      Raptor 150x3, Plextor PX-760SA, X-Fi Elite, 7900GT, 21" CM813ET Plus, CM Stacker

Comment

We don't have to call you a fool anyone reading your post will be able to see that.

Joel
        Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
        Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Just another miniTWIT who is clueless. Ignor him.
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Hold on a minute!

I Care? Umm, nope!

The G400 does just fine for me - I can play all my games at 1024x768x32 and that's enough for most!

------------------
            Cheers,
            Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

ATI? ATI? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Dude you lost all your credibility when you mentioned good hraphics cards and ATI in the same year man. ATI wouldnt know a working driver set if it bit them on the @##. ROFL

------------------
              Celeron 300a@464 on a Abit BH6 Rev 1.01, 192 Pc100, Matrox G400 32 SH, SBlive Value, Supra Express 56i ISA, all running on Win2k pro with other odds and ends
              Celeron II 566@ 952 on a Abit BE6 Rev 1, 128 Pc100, Matrox G450 32 DH, SBlive Value, Supra Express 56i ISA, all running on Win2k pro with other odds and ends

Comment

I have a slightly older cpu and a 2year old mb (albeit a great one) and I play whatever game I choose to play with my G400 32meg. Of course I need semi-current drivers, as some of the first ones were'nt quite up to the task. Especially the ICD. But as far as the G400 being no good for gaming, well that's simply not true. No it isn't as fast as a GForce2GTS or a Voodoo5. But we don't need that much power yet. The G400 is still quite a viable chipset, if you have a PII 450 or better.And they really shine with a fast P3 or Athlon. The only problem I have with the G400 is that it doesn't have GLide support, and alot of games are "GLide at heart" Even if they run in D3D or OGL, they are alot better in GLide, cause that is what the game was originally coded in. Eg:NFS3,4 and 5.If I was going to buy a card for a system I was building today, and I had the money for a GTS, maybe, but up here in Canada, the GTS costs around $700! My second car only costs $1000. And that gets me to work and shopping etc...A faster card comes out about 3 times a year so if you must always have the fastest card, you will have to upgrade every 4-6 months. At a cost of around $1500-$2100/per year(todays rates for GTS/V5. Also, if you go this route, you are always running early(if not beta) drivers and utilities. But some people must have a new car every six months too, so each to his own...

------------------
                AsusP2B ,iCeleron525(7x75), 128megs PC100, G40032megSH, Diamond MX300, 2 small HD's, 42X Sony CDrom and 98SE w/shutdown patch, PD 5.52015, 1 grey cat, 1 black cat and 1 calico

[This message has been edited by Bohrn (edited 09 August 2000).]
                AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

katoona, katoona, <sigh> more flame bait. I hope someone just bans him right off the back to prevent any further dumbass remarks.

Dave
                  Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

let's see, the g400 kicks ASS on the tnt2 ultra so I guess we know what that card is now don't we

------------------
                    P3-700e @ 1052! Check it here!
                    Abit BE6-2
                    TwinMos 128mb pc-133
                    Matrox Fusion Plus F800 AGP
                    Maxtor 15.3gb 7,200rpm
                    SB Live!
                    Winblows 98se & DX7
                    and 384k DSL!
                    System 1:
                    AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
                    Epox 8K7A
                    2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
                    an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
                    SBLIVE 5.1
                    Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
                    IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
                    Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
                    3Com Hardware Modem
                    Teac 20/10/40 burner
                    Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

I'm disappointed - I had expected you guys to stand up for Matrox, but instead you're saying that the G400 is good for those who doesn't have the cash to buy a GTS2. I'm a user of the G400 and I love my card, but I wanted to hear your honest thoughts and what you really feel about it's gaming capabilites which isn't that great. I'm using a PIII 1064 (Vapo-overclocked) and it doesn't help the G400 much. So - G400 a big joke ? Or the best quality card out there ?

Comment

Nope, you are the biggest joke out there. You don't get good conversation laying down flame bait. To say you are making for discussion just clues us in on your obvious inbred roots.

Rags

------------------
                        Partnership for an idiot free America

Comment

Katoona:

If your so smart genius, why are you comparing a TNT2 generation card to a GeForce 2? If your making that kinda comparison, then the G400 is withstanding the test of time a LOT better than a TNT2. And you DARE mention ATI; hahahahaha. Your credibility (if there was any to begin with) just took a suicidal leap off a tall building.

Bart
                          Bart

Comment

"Why have a forum for G400 gaming"
                            Duh. Because people own Matrox cards and play games.

"the card is useless for anything but office work"
                            Your comments are useless for anything but flame bait. There is no game on the market today that G400 cannot play at a perfectly acceptable rate. Not all of us spank the wank while watching timedemos like all the nvidiots do. There are those who actually play the games (and do quite well at them). I'll put my "useless" card up against any cerd on the market in a game. You see, the simple fact is that frames per second do not equal skillz. If you suck, you suck, and a few fps aint gonna help that.

"The G400 was a very good card when it hit the stores years ago"
                            uhhhh...hyuk...years ago? You must be a time traveller from the future, since G400 has only been out just over 1 year now.

"but today it doesn't match up"
                            No, it doesn't "match up" if all you care about is the almighty frame per second count. Since most of us are over 13 years old here, we realise that a PC is much more than an expesive Nintendo. What it lacks in kiddie counting fps, it more than makes up for in other features.

"A lot of talk about G450 and G800, but like always - a lot of talk !!!!"
                            Unlike nVidia, matrox takes their time, and produces a product that lasts longer than 6 months. And when they move on to their next card, they continue supporting the old ones. Try to say the same for nVidia or ATI.

"Long live Nvidia and ATI who thinks of everyone"
                            All they think of everyone is "How can we get into their wallets again? I know...crank up the clockings, slap a 2 on the end of the name, and tell em to bend over!"

"Get upset and tell me what a fool I am, but you can't hide the truth, it's out there and nothing can be done about that...."
                            A twit like you will never upset me. I get too much pleasure from making your kind look like the fools you are. And I don't need to tell you what a fool you are...you oviously already know that....after all, you can't hide the truth, it's out there, and you are posting it for everyone to see.

As with all flame bait threads with no purpose other than to try to start an argument, this thread is history.
                            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
                            X