X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deus Ex Not running well is an understatement :[

Hi ppl

I got a game called DEUS EX today and boy oh boy was that a mistake :[

Has anyone one else had any Problems with this Game as I am at a loss as to what to do ???

The game runs really yerky in all resolutions ..yep even in 640X480 and in my book that suxs

Any ideas ??
    Its not a hardware problem I have a G400 MAX and a 980 Mhz cpu

I cannot believe that this game was awarded 94% by a leading computer games mag in the UK

Regards Matt

AkA Max-Payne

Dunno, I run it on non-Matrox HW and it works great. Awesome game. I'd easily give it a 94%.

However I have heard of some issues with Matrox HW. Do a search for it and see what you come up with.

b
    Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? But why put off until tomorrow what you can put off altogether?

Comment

Go to "www.deus-ex.org" for performance tips. Also, download the latest direct3D dll for the game. If you have at least 128MB RAM, you should be able to run the game smoothly at 1024x768x32, which is the resolution I use.

My system:
      AMD Duron 600 (@600)
      G400 MAX
      256MB PC133 RAM
      SB Live

Comment

I have performance problems too, I also run 640x480x32. Actually, fps is usually fine in most indoor areas, but it really bogs down in the larger outdoor areas.

------------------
        Intel P3-750@825 (7.5x110 FSB), Abit BE6-II, Micron PC133 256MB RAM (128MBx2), Quantum Fireball KA Plus 18.2GB, Promise Ultra66, Kenwood 72X TrueX, Plextor Plexwriter 8/4/32, 3Com Courier Analog V.Everything, Linksys LNE100TX NIC (ready for DSL!)Diamond MX300, Matrox G400MAX (PD6), DirectX 7.0a, Cambridge Soundworks Microworks system, Sony 19" 400PS, Logitech Cordless Mouseman Wheel, Epson Perfection 1200U PHOTO Scanner, Epson Stylus Color 850 inkjet, Addtronics 7890A w/ 350W Turbo-Cool PS

Comment

This is not my day ;(

even the site you sent me to locks up my browser !!!!!!!!!!!!!
          www.deus-ex.org !!!!

is there anywhere else I can get this info from plz

Comment

Matthew:

Your not alone. I have a Creative Labs GeForce 2 and a P3-700@933, and I have some issues as well. I was told you can even try to use Unreal Tournaments D3ddrv.dll file for better performance. There's a new d3ddrv.dll file released by Epic that's supposed to help UT's D3D performance, and it's supposed to be able to be used in Deus Ex as well, althought I haven't tried it yet.

Bart
            Bart

Comment

Hi ppl,
              I'd have to say, firstly, you haven't played the game far enough. I agree with you guys that the game IS choppy in the first part of the game because of the background of the first level. In later levels, mostly indoors...the game runs pretty good...

I got around 30-40 fps which is smooth enough for me to finish the game. Yes, this game IS that good, 3 or 4 different endings. I gave it 99%, with 1% for graphics problems. This is wierd, I can get around 80fps avg, 1024@32, maxed out settings (cept detailed tex) but this game didn't...same engine, I wonder why?...anyways...I suggest you guys go read on some tweak sites such as madonion...

oh and I wanted to say that you shouldn't be sorry you got Deus Ex, it's good...really good....you won't regret once you started to play..

------------------
              Sanjuro Makabe

P!!!550E @ 733Mhz
              ASUS P3V4X 1005, 4in1 4.22, AGP 4.03
              128Mb PC100 C2 Ram
              Matrox G400Max PD6.00 beta
              SBLive! LW3.0
              WinMe 4.90.2535

Sanjuro Makabe

Pentium 4B 2.26GHz
              ASUS P4T-EA
              Samsung 512MB Rambus-T
              ATI 8500 Retail
              SB Audigy Plat. ex+
              WinXP Pro SP1

Comment

Most Definetly get the new d3ddrv.dll over at the Deus Ex webpage, I had the same exact problem but once I got that driver it ran smooth, Just like all the games you gotta tweak em to get em to run good on our G-Series card =p

-DeFrag

------------------
                Tekram P6B40-A4X
                Intel 440BX Chipset
                128 Meg 100mhz RAM
                Pentium III 450mhz
                Matrox Millenium G400 32m
                DirectX 7.0a
                SB Live! Value
                Windows98 SE
                300w power supply
                IRQ's