Deus Ex....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deus Ex....

Anyone been playing this? I'm pretty impressed with it so far but damn this has to be one of the buggest games I ever played. I've a had several hard lock ups with the game and even run into the problem where the game crashes and when I reboot it tells me that the damn CD-Rom isn't in the drive...like it was a copy..which it isnt!! I've also been running into a problem where the graphics are corrupted upon start up. I'm just wondering if its my computer or if anyone else is having the same problems...

Scott

------------------
    Abit BH6 with a Celeron 2-566@877mhz,128mb RAM,G400 MAX,SB Live!, Optiquest V95 19in montor, Asus 40x CD-ROM, Aopen 5x DVD-ROM,HP9110i 8x4x32 CD-RW,SupraMax 56k modem, Win2000 on a WD 13 GB HDD, Win98 SE on Western Digital 30.7GB DOA....

Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

There are bugs in the boxed release of Deus Ex which hinder the performance of nearly all 3D cards under Direct 3D. Have you tried downloading the new version of the direct 3d dll?
    I had poor performance even at 640x480 in the demo, but after replacing the dll i am running at 1024x768 at a pace!

By the way, excellent game! Even though they arent releasing it in the UK for a few weeks!! Ahh!

------------------
    Pentium III 500, Abit BH6 m/b, 128mb RAM
    G400 AGP 32mb S/H, IBM Titan II 13.5gb H/D
    SB Live 1024 value, 6x DVD, 36x CDROM
    56K PCI modem, WinTV Tuner, Win98

[This message has been edited by David Moscrop (edited 31 July 2000).]
    Pentium II 350, Abit BH6 m/b, 128mb RAM
    G400 AGP 32mb S/H, IBM Titan II 13.5gb H/D
    SB Live 1024 value, 6x DVD, 36x CDROM
    56K PCI modem, PCI TV tuner, Win98

Comment

I've been running the new Dll for the game since I've had it. I don't have any performance problems just that it likes to lock up my system hard after playing it for short time. I reinstalled the game 3 times already and now I can't even get into the game for 5 minutes with out it totally locking up and me having to hit the reset button on my PC...the game did lock up before but it seems its just getting worse now! I'm getting towards the end of the game and I'm fustrated that I can't finish it up!

Scott

------------------
      Abit BH6 with a Celeron 2-566@877mhz,128mb RAM,G400 MAX,SB Live!, Optiquest V95 19in montor, Asus 40x CD-ROM, Aopen 5x DVD-ROM,HP9110i 8x4x32 CD-RW,SupraMax 56k modem, Win2000 on a WD 13 GB HDD, Win98 SE on Western Digital 30.7GB DOA....

Comment

what texture details and resolutions are you running at
        I can only get med background texture details at 1024x768 high background is too slow

Comment

Hi Scott,
          I play the Deus Ex, I think it´s the US-Release, but they added German subtitles. I´ve been playing this great game for about 35 hours now, I play about 5 hours in a row every day. The game runs fine on my PIII/450, Matrox G400 SingleHead, 256 MB RAM, SB128PCI. I have had just one single lock up, no further problems. Deus Ex runs very stable on my computer. No lockups, no CD-problem, no corrupt graphics...(I was glad to play a game which nearly has no bugs. At least, I didn´t notice one...)
          I use the updated DeusEx-D3d-dll and Powerdesk 5.52. Windows 98 SE runs @ 1024x768 and 16 bit, DeusEx @ 800x600 with maximum details on, smooth. At 1024x768 the game is too slow.

Do you have problems with other games too, or just with Deus Ex ?

CU Wannabe

Comment

Well I haven't been really playing anything else lately, but before this I haven't had any problems at all with the game. To tell you the truth it seems like the game got worse as the game went on. I ran into a occanal crash here and there which really didn't bother me but now its to the point that I'm lucky if I can play the game for 10 miuntes with out it crashing out my system. I'm just about at the end of the game I believe. I just need to have it run good for an hour or two so I can finish it !!!

Scott

------------------

Comment

Scott,
              I was having a problem getting past the intro screen due to, I think, an MS screensaver. I've dumped that and went with the latest PD version and I'm not having any problems (other than the abysmal frame rate, even with the beta dll)
              PII/400, 64m ram
              Amptron BX chipset
              G400 Dualhead
              Yahama sound
              using DVD drive as primary cdrom drive

Comment

No problem at all !

G400 Max + P3 650 , Bx board !

Comment

Yep, this game is awesome, one of the longest games I've ever played. I run the beta DLL as well, in 640x480, 32bit, medium world texture, high object texture. The only problems I've had are extremely low fps (sometimes <15!) and rare occasions where some sounds repeat endlessly (maybe because I'm using 3D sound?). The latter can be fixed by restarting the game.

------------------
                  Intel P3-750@825 (7.5x110 FSB), Abit BE6-II, Micron PC133 256MB RAM (128MBx2), Quantum Fireball KA Plus 18.2GB, Promise Ultra66, Kenwood 72X TrueX, Plextor Plexwriter 8/4/32, 3Com Courier Analog V.Everything, Linksys LNE100TX NIC (ready for DSL!)Diamond MX300, Matrox G400MAX (PD 6.01), DirectX 7.0a, Cambridge Soundworks Microworks system, Sony 19" 400PS, Logitech Cordless Mouseman Wheel, Epson Perfection 1200U PHOTO Scanner, Epson Stylus Color 850 inkjet, Addtronics 7890A w/ 350W Turbo-Cool PS

[This message has been edited by Liquid Snake (edited 05 August 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                  X