Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voyager- ELITE FORCES is really realy good!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voyager- ELITE FORCES is really realy good!

Ive played tie ins before.. but this it great stuff.

And it looks great and runs spectacularly on my modest p3-500 with MAX

ok it helps that im a trek fan but its cool, like playing an episode

its like half life with old friends!!!!
    cos you recognise the characters and voices

maybe im getting soft in my old age <24>
    lol
    what do you guys <girls> think??
    Windows XP Pro + SP1 - Pentium 4 3.1gig - 1024mg DDR 333 2 cas - Thermaltake Xaser Case - Parhelia 128 - 3x Phillips TFT Monitors - Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 surround speakers - RTx100 - 5 HD 7200rpm (420gig) - Pioneer A03 - Partridge in a pear tree

I'm hoping it appears on next month's PCGamer Demo Disc so I can avoid the lengthy download time (2.5k/sec on my dialup).
    I've read elsewhere, also, that it's pretty good.
    My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

I think the demo is good, I'm excited to see it is going to be on the MGI server ( It's multiplay is not as addicting as UT for me). I'm ready for the single player game. It looks real good, caught up in Dues Ex right now.

Comment

The single player part of it is ok (maybe even great if you're a trekkie (which I'm not)).

But to play it multiplayer you would have to be extremely hardcore StarTrek fan. It sucks big-time. RUN-HOLD DOWN FIRE BUTTON- RUN OUT OF AMMO _ CHANGE WEAPON etc. etc.

And it's all a total rip of Q3 (remember I'm talking multiplayer only). The powerups are 100% Q3 with new names and models.

zZZzzzzz

Torben R
        G400 news, info, downloads and mailinglist : http://TRsDomain.homepage.dk

Comment

CMB - I have downloaded the demo but somehow I didn't bother to install it yet. That's what getting soft at old age <36> _really_ is...
          P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

hee hee
            Its good though, it has set pieces like half life.
            Theres one bit where a colleague panics and yells at you to activiate a force field and contain a plasma leak in one of the corridors.

I was a little hasty and trapped him in it and he yelled out as the flames got colser until they disentigrated him
            Damn i almost felt guilty.. What would Picard say...
            :OP
            Windows XP Pro + SP1 - Pentium 4 3.1gig - 1024mg DDR 333 2 cas - Thermaltake Xaser Case - Parhelia 128 - 3x Phillips TFT Monitors - Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 surround speakers - RTx100 - 5 HD 7200rpm (420gig) - Pioneer A03 - Partridge in a pear tree

Comment

Is there a way to save the annoying guy on the borg ship? I always get there too late.

Comment

"RUN-HOLD DOWN FIRE BUTTON- RUN OUT OF AMMO _ CHANGE WEAPON etc. etc."

And that can be said pretty much about all first person shooters. That is why I like UT. There is more to it than just deathmatch.

Joel

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 01 August 2000).]
                Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Except Joel, the Borg adapt quickly. It is not that simple with the way they programmed the borg.

Comment

I like the extra touches in Voyager Elite Force that add greatly to the immersion factor. Example: try hanging around the bridge for too long and see what happens to you.

-=W=-
                    My system specs:
                    Intel Pentium III 650MHz @ 806MHz
                    Asus P2B motherboard @ 124MHz FSB
                    128Mb PC-100 SDRAM
                    Asus AGP-V7700 GeForce 2 GTS 64Mb PURE, Detonator 3 installed
                    Creative Sound Blaster Live! Value with LiveWare 3.0
                    Quantum Fireball ST 6.4Gb & 4.3Gb
                    I/O Magic 8X DVD-ROM (region-free)
                    Kenwood 42X TrueX CD-ROM
                    Just Cooler FC-900L Central System Cooler
                    CTX PR711 17" Monitor, currently running 1024x768 32-bit @ 100Hz (set using HzTool)
                    Microsoft Intellimouse with IntelliEye
                    Logitech SoundMan X1 speakers and subwoofer
                    Windows 98 (not SE), DirectX 7.0a
                    3DMark2000 v1.1 default benchmark score: 6284

Comment

Working...
                    X