New ICD is crap !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ICD is crap !

The new ICD included in the new BETA drivers (6.01) are not working very well.

At least at my system. e.g. Quake 3 : considering quality the driver is terrible. Problems with texturing, lights and so on are very disturbing.

Speed is also much slower compared to BETA 6.00...

Has anyone had the same experience ?

Are you running at 16 or 32 bit Z-Buffer in the advanced PD options?

My guess is that you are using 32bit-Z. Try 16. I saw and reported some problems with the ICD in those drivers....
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

No, i'm using 16-Bit. Is there any way to use the old ICD and the new drivers ? The file g400icd.dl_ is packed in some way so you can't just copy it into the System-Folder.

Comment

How do you know that you are running with a 16 bit Zbuffer? THE only way to know is to goto display properties/advanced/options/ and make sure that enable 32bit Z Buffer is NOT checked.

Rags

------------------
        Partnership for an idiot free America

Comment

Yes, and this is how i know it..

Comment

Open the file with winzip. Then put the ucompressed file in your game directory.
            C:\DOS
            C:\DOS\RUN
            \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

Thanx, i think this will satisfy the master...

Comment

You can try the new Tech Support tweak util's Optimize for Accuracy setting on the latest beta to see if that helps. Of course, that will probably slow down the game as well.

Comment

Working...
                X