No announcement yet.

Turbo GL manager not visible with 6.01!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo GL manager not visible with 6.01!

With PD6.01 beta i no longer can acces Turbo Gl manager by right clicking on powerdesk icon in systray. Any1 has the same problem?
    Intel Pentium III 600
    196 MB SDRAM
    Matrox G400 32MB DualHead
    10GB Maxtor HD 7200rpm
    Compaq 40x CDROM, Toshiba SD1212 DVDROM
    Creative SB Live Value
    Microcom Deskporte 56k Voice modem
    Compaq P700 FD Trinitron Monitor

As far as I know, this is because there's no TGL anymore in the PDs. Someone else can tell me if I'm wrong, but it had something to do with the ICD being better than the TGL, so why need a double ICD in the PDs?

And when you uninstalled your last PD, you uninstalled the links to the TGL as well (and possibly also the whole TGL program)

Jord.
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Weird, the first beta 6.x drivers still had TurboGL for me.
      Ant @ The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.ma.cx)

Comment

TurboGL is a separate package.
        Once installed, the TGL Manager will stay there UNTIL you un-install the drivers or TurboGL.
        If you just install over old drivers, it will stay there.

It does still work with the latest public beta drivers, and beyond on my system. Contrary to what everyone else believes about always uninstalling old Matrox drivers before setting up new ones, I only uninstall if I run into a problem. 19/20 times just running setup without uninstalling and switching to VGA first works fine for me, and I get to save all of my customised settings this way.

I do still Use TGL once in a while, and it does still work. But with the more recent ICDs you really don't need it for most things...
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
        X