Soldier of Fortune Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soldier of Fortune Problem

I was just wondering if anyone has ever got smooth framerates playing Soldier of Fortune with there Matrox G400 (not max) because when I play SOF, my game runs really choppy and I get really bad framerates. If there is a solution to this problem, please help.

Athon 550MHz
    128MB RAM
    SB LIVE
    Matrox G400
    40x Cdrom
    Asus K7m motherboard
    10GB Hardrive

First off all, we need to know some more details about your problem.
    the driver youre using and the resulotion youre playing at and the detaillevel.
    I play at 640x480 to get a smooth gameplay that of course means i have to sacrifice some off the detail.
    I have one problem with sof i cant get eax to work and i noted you had a sblive in your machine.

Zaphod@work

cel 300@450
    matrox G400 pd 5.55
    64 mb
    sblive liveware 3.0
    14g ibm
    asus p2b

Comment

Well, I'm running the game at lowest details, (no shadows, 640x480, no lighting effects, etc.)and I still get choppy framerates. I do have the latest patch installed but it didn't help me with my problem. I'm also using the PD 6 beta and directx 7a drivers. In case you need to know, I'm using live ware 3.0.

The main problem is that when ever an enemy pops out or when I'm shooting an enemy, the game all of a sudden goes choppy. I can't even aim for the guy.

Someone please help me get smooth framerates cause this game rocks.

Comment

Rampage: Do you have this problem with other games?
        Ant @ The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.ma.cx)

Comment

No I don't.

Well, Rogue Spear kinda lags but it's not as bad as SOF. All my other games run great. (Half Life, Quake 3)

Comment

My G40032meg runs SOF fine at 8x6 with all stuff turned on max. SOF is based on an older engine so your Athlon and G400 setup should be more than enough. Just a thought, you prolly did this but is it setup for hardware video? I have forgot this before and it makes (obviously) a big diff.

------------------
            AsusP2B ,iCeleron525(7x75), 128megs PC100, G40032megSH, Diamond MX300, 2 small HD's, 42X Sony CDrom and 98SE w/shutdown patch, PD 5.52015, 1 grey cat, 1 black cat and 1 calico

AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

Try playing with -nosound in the command line
              If that helps try setting the sound at a lower level.
              Also you could try a pd 5.x and turbo gl.
              I know that a lot of people say that pd 6.x is faster than turbo gl, but its worth a shot.
              Last shot, shut everything down that are running in the back.

Zaphod@work

Comment

Thanks for the help guys.

I did everything you guys told me and the game runs good now.

Comment

Working...
                X