Clan[MU] Diablo2 Guild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clan[MU] Diablo2 Guild

Ok gang, a short while back some people who were part of the Stress Test had a discussion about starting a D2 guild affiliated with Clan [MU]. Obviously since "MatroxUsers" doesn't fit very well into the Diablo2 world the general concensus was that we needed a different name for the Guild.(I think, mabye it was just me pushing in that direction )
    At any rate, we decided on a potential name as well as a ranking system and a few ground rules.

1. The guild will accept membership from all classes.
    2. There will be a guild master who we, um, will have to somehow decide upon.
    3. There will be 5 Lieutenants, one for each class.
    4. The guild will be anti PK. If the guild dicovers that a member is partaking in the practice of PKing they will be paroled or exiled.
    5. Honor Dueling on the other hand is acceptable and encouraged.

Guild Name: Acolytes of M

Callsign: MU? AoM?

GuildMaster: GuildMaster of M

Normal Barbarian: Warrior Acolyte of M
    Normal Paladin: Pious Acolyte of M
    Normal Sorceress: Enchanter Acolyte of M
    Normal Necromancer: Dark Acolyte of M
    Normal Amazon: SwordMaiden Acolyte of M

Lieutenant Barbarian: Warlord of M
    Lieutenant Paladin: Crusader of M
    Lieutenant Sorceress: Wizardress of M
    Lieutenant Necromancer: Bone-Lord of M
    Lieutenant Amazon: Banshee of M

So, if anyone has any yea's or nay's speak now or forever shut the heck up.

Ian
    Primary System:
    MSI 745 Ultra, AMD 2400+ XP, 1024 MB Crucial PC2100 DDR SDRAM, Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro, 3Com 3c905C NIC,
    120GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, 60 GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, Pioneer DVD 105S, BenQ 12x24x40 CDRW, SB Audigy OEM,
    Win XP, MS Intellimouse Optical, 17" Mag 720v2
    Seccondary System:
    Epox 7KXA BIOS 5/22, Athlon 650, 512 MB Crucial 7E PC133 SDRAM, Hercules Prophet 4500 Kyro II, SBLive Value,
    3Com 3c905B-TX NIC, 40 GB IBM UDMA 100 HD, 45X Acer CD-ROM,
    Win XP, MS Wheel Mouse Optical, 15" POS Monitor
    Tertiary system
    Offbrand PII Mobo, PII 350, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, 15GB UDMA66 7200RPM Maxtor HD, USRobotics 10/100 NIC, RedHat Linux 8.0
    Camera: Canon 10D DSLR, Canon 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 100 Macro USM Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon Speedlite 200E, tripod, bag, etc.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology will be indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke

I am very interested in joining MU, some ppl might remember me as a member of UBF from UT, and yes I am playing Diablo 2 now. So will we be playing in Open Games/Tcp/ip games? or on Battle.net? either way is fine with me...

------------------
    Sanjuro Makabe

P!!!550E @ 733Mhz
    ASUS P3V4X 1005, 4in1 4.22, AGP 4.03
    128Mb PC100 C2 Ram
    Matrox G400Max PD6.00 beta
    SBLive! LW3.0
    WinMe 4.90.2535

Sanjuro Makabe

Pentium 4B 2.26GHz
    ASUS P4T-EA
    Samsung 512MB Rambus-T
    ATI 8500 Retail
    SB Audigy Plat. ex+
    WinXP Pro SP1

Comment

Count me in. "Dame Zoe"

Comment

I think primarily we will be a B.Net guild. After all, when Blizzard adds Guild houses in a patch later this year you will only be able to get them on B.Net.
        This is not to discourage you from playing open if you want though. And admittedly, at the moment, it's difficult to play any place else anyway. But hopefully Blizz will get the servers sorted out soon.
        Also, I don't think anyone will want to be limited to a single realm. I'm not quite sure how to solve that problem. I plan on playing mostly on the USEast realm. I suppose that as per usual we won't be a particularly organized guild. I think must of us here are in it for fun.

Ian
        Primary System:
        MSI 745 Ultra, AMD 2400+ XP, 1024 MB Crucial PC2100 DDR SDRAM, Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro, 3Com 3c905C NIC,
        120GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, 60 GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, Pioneer DVD 105S, BenQ 12x24x40 CDRW, SB Audigy OEM,
        Seccondary System:
        Epox 7KXA BIOS 5/22, Athlon 650, 512 MB Crucial 7E PC133 SDRAM, Hercules Prophet 4500 Kyro II, SBLive Value,
        Tertiary system
        Offbrand PII Mobo, PII 350, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, 15GB UDMA66 7200RPM Maxtor HD, USRobotics 10/100 NIC, RedHat Linux 8.0
        Camera: Canon 10D DSLR, Canon 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 100 Macro USM Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon Speedlite 200E, tripod, bag, etc.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology will be indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

Well I got a lvl 38 Amazon ready to kick some butt on the USeast Realm.

Just hope the servers get better :P
          Athlon 500MHz @ 750MHz 1/3
          G400 32 meg Dual-Head Vanilla @ 160.2/200.25 (400.5, 2.5/2.0/2.5)

Comment

GRRRR.... alright, fine... Since noone seems to care to comment on the titles/rules/name and such concerning the guild I'm going to go ahead and enter it in the Guild registry. I am also declaring myself to be the defacto Guild Master for the time being.

Now when someone complains about one of the rules or whatever I'm going to point them here and say "I told you so". I know we aren't a terribly organized group of people but a little feedback would be nice! [angry]
            Primary System:
            Seccondary System:
            Tertiary system

Comment

How about Acolytes of MURC

Please forgive my ignorance but what is PKing?

Comment

PK=Player Killer

Comment

I am interested...so what now?...should I create a character...in USEAST?...I already have one in USWEST...

------------------
                  Sanjuro Makabe

P!!!550E @ 733Mhz
                  ASUS P3V4X 1005, 4in1 4.22, AGP 4.03
                  128Mb PC100 C2 Ram
                  Matrox G400Max PD6.00 beta
                  SBLive! LW3.0
                  WinMe 4.90.2535

Sanjuro Makabe

Pentium 4B 2.26GHz
                  ASUS P4T-EA
                  Samsung 512MB Rambus-T
                  ATI 8500 Retail
                  SB Audigy Plat. ex+
                  WinXP Pro SP1

Comment

Sanjuro, you can play wherever you choose. I'm sure that there will be plenty of us playing on both USEast and USWest. Europe and Asia may have a smaller following though. I plan on playing primarily on USEast(if the servers ever come up when I'm around anyway). So far I have had very little chance to play on B.Net. In fact, my character is still only 1st level. The one time I actually managed create a game was the other night when they were having problems with people downloading the 1.02 patch. So my ping never dropped below 10,000(yes, thats ten thousand). It was not very playable to say the least. Actually, I suppose my character has been deleted by now since I didn't play him for at least 2 hours in the first 48 hours. Oh well.

Anyway, if you want to play on USEast I would enjoy the company(again, if the servers ever stabilize). Initially I'm going to have 2 characters. Nevyn_MU: Necromancer, and Aragorn_MU: Paladin. My account name is DakkonBlackblad.

When GuildHouses get implemented I'm going to purchase one in USEast, you or someone else will have to purchase one in USWest.

You can tack the MU onto the end of your character names if you so choose, although you don't have to(especially since you can't change existing character names).

On another note, I have entered the Guild into the Guild Registry http://guildtimes.diabloii.net as Acolytes of M. So you people don't have any choice in the matter anymore. And like I said in my last post, I gave you people the chance to make suggestions(sorry Ant, yours came along a little to late ). After two days with no comments on any of that stuff though I was a little peaved and decided that since I liked the suggestions and since no one else seemed to care enough then the heck with it. I'll be sending an updated page to Oboy sometime today probably.(I bet none of you even noticed that there was one there). So, head on over to http://clan-mu.matroxusers.com and look at [MU]Worlds.

Hmmm, that was a rather long and rambling post. Oh well...

Ian
                    Primary System:
                    Seccondary System:
                    Tertiary system

Comment

<tt><nobr>System: online.

Scanning contents of thread ... <blink>|</blink>
                      Subject: <font color="#0000FF">&quot;Acolytes of M&quot;</font> <font color="#FF0000">Guild</font>
                      Entering guild definition to database ... <blink>|</blink>
                      Action completed.

System: offline.</nobr></tt>

------------------
                      Warrior Acolyte of M, Alter-Ego of JamesA who is &lt;u&gt;currently&lt;/u&gt; a Dumbass.
                      Now equipped with Holy Asbestos Armor™ designed by Dilitante.

<b>Warrior Acolyte of M</b>, Alter-Ego of <b>JamesA</b> who is currently a <b>Dumbass</b>.
                      Now equipped with Holy Asbestos Armor<sup><small><tt>TM</tt></small></sup> designed by <a href="http://forums.matroxusers.com/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=63" target="_blank"><b>Dilitante1</b></a>.

Comment

HedsSpaz,

I am sorry I did not get to this as soon as I could. Other than fighting my Diablo 2 addiction , my work at TekBay.com is quite hectic these days.

Nevertheless, if it is of any consolation, I wholeheartedly agree to your proposal. And since you are the most enthused MURCer with regard to a D2 Guild, you should be the GuildMaster.

So, all hail the new Guild Master of M!

------------------
                        JamesA: Just a Dumbass MURCer
                        System Details

&quot;Have you had any licorice lately?&quot;

<b>JamesA</b>: Just a <b>Dumbass MURCer</b>

Comment

HAHA!!! YES!!! THANK YOU JAMES! SOMEONE DOES CARE!!!

Holy Asbestos Armor eh? Neat! Where can I get me some of that? It's got to be better than my Smelly Plate of the Penguin. It smells like, sniff sniff... yep, sardines... eeeww.

I think it's supposed to chase off monsters, so far all its done is cause a few Sorceresses to leave bars when I walk in and made one Amazon threaten to kill me if I didn't go away. So much for the legendary charisma of Paladins.

Anyway, just in case anyone cares, I probably won't be on much, if at all, tonight(of course, the servers probably won't be up anyway). D&D campaign tonight and I may be helping a friend put his new computer together before hand.

Tommorow though... oh wait, tommorow X-Men opens. Well, after I get back from that... maybe... nevermind, I'll figure it out when I get there.

Later all!
                          Ian
                          Primary System:
                          Seccondary System:
                          Tertiary system

Comment

Ok I got the game, I am its slave (boy its fun and seems a little addictive )...

So what do we need to do here to join? A due, tithes, sacrifices? What?

Jeff or Gyaq...

Oh, The titles look good... Maybe late on the feed back but hey, I just got my new addiction...

------------------
                            Remember when naps were a bad thing?

-------------------------------
                            You stop learning when you are die, and some people just don't know the're dead yet!
                            -------------------------------
                            ABIT BP6 - 2 x Celeron 500 - 256MB Ram - MX300 - 3Com 509c - 3com 905tx - Creative PC DVD 6x - G400 DH - DSL (True Love Here) - Win98 se - Win 2000 pro

-We stop learning when We die, and some
                            people just don't know They're dead yet!

Member of the COC!
                            Minister of Confused Knightly Defence (MCKD)

Food for thought...
                            - Remember when naps were a bad thing?
                            - Remember 3 is the magic number....

Comment

Well if anyone wanna play, my accountname is Mastermurc and I have a barbarian on USeast, as well as an open character.

Hope to see some of you on b.net, to make Diablo's minions tremble at the mighty fury of Matrox unleashed
                              System:
                              Asus A7V rev. 1.01p bios 1011
                              AMD Thunderbird 800
                              SBLive retail with liveware 3.0
                              Matrox g400 MAX pd 6.51
                              LG Flatron 795FT 17" monitor
                              IBM 13.5 GB 7200 hdd
                              Pioneer 106-s dvdrom
                              WinME
                              directx 8.0a
                              384mb pc133

Comment