Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF is it with startrek ARMADA :[:[

Hi PPL

can you guys help me with Armada I just keep getting dumped back to the desktop ?????

I know this game is buggy but someone must be playing without this problem :[

Regards matt

Have you patched the game to 1.1 yet? If not, visit the Armada web site, and update it.

I play the game fine with only a very, very occasional dump to the desktop, which is better than most from what I've seen on the Armada forums...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Yep been there done that;(

sometimes I can get about an hours play like tonight,but thats hardly worth the effort

It will crash even if I am running standard P3700.

So in your opinion its a bug in the game not a hardware problem at my end,btw when you play do you change your desktop res to 640x480x16 because I have read that this procedure can help prevent the problem ???? IMHO I dont think it will make any difference at all !!!

What do you think ??
      Regards Matt

Comment

It's definatly a buggy game. Many people (as you know) are having lots of problems with it. I beleive most likely the blame lies there. From what I've seen, the switch to 640x480 fix is mostly for nvidia based cards, so I don't know if that'll help or not, but it can't hurt to try.

However...
        I play the game at 1024x768x16 all the time, and can usually play for hours at a time, with it crashing maybe 1 out of 10 rounds that I play. It will crash more frequently if I play in DualHead mode.

And I still think overall Homeworld is a better game. If I had it to do over, I'd pass on Armada, and be $45 richer
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Ok thanks Kruzin

I think im gonna go and watch Murcury Rising on the box Laterz

Regards Matt

AkA Max-Payne

Comment

All the solutions given to me by various people from the message board at www.st-armada.com seem to help, but they only decreased the likely hood of the locks/crashes. I will need to check it further, but I beleive I found something else that might work. For me, it is worth itconsidering how much I have been waiting for a game in which I can be the Borg. When I want to play the game, I go into the display properties options tab and turn off all the bottom six options. This has worked for two games straight in instant action. More time will tell. Granted it is only because I really like to play this game, but for me it is worth it. I just reenable everything when I am done. It does seem to slow things down a slight noticable bit, but it seems stable.

Comment

PS BTW. Accoording to Wicked on the board who is one of the programmers and a moderator, they would do another patch, but Activision does not want to.

Comment

Hey thanks for the reply :]

It sounds like we are all being taken for a ride by the publishers not the programer

I dont know about you but I am sick to the back teeth with half finished games and I believe its all down to the publishers getting too greedy.

Time and time again a game is released "lets say" a month early and then a month later "Oh look a patch so you mean that I can actually play the game I PURCHASED a month ago"

But lets be Honest would we mind waiting that month so that we can play and enjoy the game for all its good points,and not have to stand in front a shelf full of new titles wondering WTF is gonna happen when you get home and actually try them sorry if this is going on a bit but I think I am making a valid point

anyway "phew" I feel a lot better after that venting :] I still persist with armada and think that ACTIVISION are just a bunch of W*****S Laterz

Matt :P

Comment

"Accoording to Wicked on the board who is one of the programmers and a moderator, they would do another patch, but Activision does not want to."

That sounds like a HUGE cop-out by Wicked. As the programmers, they should make the patch, regardless of what the publisher tells them. They made enough money off of us to provide a decent product. This only makes tham all look bad.

Comment

NUF SAID

Comment

4 games and counting. Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!
                      I am trying to nail it down to the individual setting now.

Comment

I have tracked it even further. It appears to have to with the AGP texturing. The settings involved are Super Bypass(bios) and bus mastering(G400 Display Options). When either one of them is turned off, the game works fine beleive it or not. I cannot find the thread about this since they just did some message pruning so I am not sure if it was removed, but it uses some sort of new AGP texturing technique. Some combination of this technique along with the super bypass and bus mastering conflict causing the crash. I would recomend turning off Super Bypass since it is negligable at best anyway. This could be why only some of the people with the same specs are having the issues.

If anyone heads over to the game's messageboard, I am "High Jumbllama" over there as well. Be prepared. People t'oed that their game does not work and Star Trek Fanatics are a deadly mix.

After countless hours, days, weeks. Finally. Fixed. Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!! Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Good work dude

I have found that cas settings mad a lot of difference I was getting a lot more probs with cas 2 than with cas 3 ???? but concidering I am running at 140 Fsb I am not that suprised LoL Laterz

Comment

Seems perfectly fine now. Even in 1600 by 1200 by 16bit. I had one crash, but that was after 15 good games and I think was due to Adaptec CD software messing with the CD-ROM drive.

Comment

Working...
                            X