Looping UT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looping UT?

Could someone give me detailed information on looping UT? Console commands, URL's to files (if necessary), information on adding bots, etc., would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

ummm, don't know about looping and stuff, addbots # where # is ofcourse there should be a number of your chioce and it will add those bots but if you have customized the bots (haven't we all) you wont get the customizations, just what they are by default.
    P3 500 @ 600
    256MB PC133 RAM
    64MB PC100 RAM
    Primary: Gateway EV700 17"
    Secondary: AcerView 54eL 15"
    WinXP Professional Build 2600 (with Plus!, it's prettified!)
    G400 MAX (@ 171, 228)
    Monster Sound MX400
    512/128 DSL from SMC EZ Card
    Samsung 8X DVD-ROM
    ASUS P3B-F
    Logitech X1 Speakers
    Logitech Cordless Mouse SE
    Logitech Internet Keyboard
    19.1G IBM 60GXP
    8.4G Seagate
    1.57G Fujitsu

Comment

I'm not sure what "looping UT" means, but a good place to get more info would be here:
      http://www.planetunreal.com/

My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

Possibly the use of loop is a misnoumer. I was using to mean "to run continuously in a cycle." One one of the other forums here, a couple of people recommended trying it.

I'm looking for a way to get UT to run continuously, without me actually playing, to stress a system. In Quake3, this is done by running a batch file, and "looping" two of the timedemos. With Quake2, one typically executes a batch file, and loops the Massive and Crusher demo.

Paul
        paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

The simplest way is to run the intro.
          C:\DOS
          C:\DOS\RUN
          \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

If you have the intro disabled, as most of us hardcore UT players do (it takes forever to load up when you first start the game), here's how to run it from the console, and to use it as a timedemo (optional).

1) Start UT.
            2) (Once it's loaded) Hit the escape key to get to the black background (the one without the menu showing).
            3) Bring down the console. (tilde key '~')
            4) (This is the optional step- causes UT to track the framerate) Type 'timedemo 1' and hit the enter key (no quotes, of course).
            5) (This is the line that starts the demo) Type 'open cityintro.unr' and hit the enter key.
            6) Immediately hit the tilde key '~' again, to hide the console.
            7) Let 'er run as long as you like. If it's stable, it'll run until you hit the ESC key to stop it again.
            8) If you did all this to get a benchmark, and you've hit the ESC key to stop it, just reopen the console to see the results for every pass it made through the demo.

------------------
            Ace

"..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
            Gainward Ti4600
            AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

The intro can be disabled? How?

Comment

Thanks Ace!

Paul
                paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Hey Tronic, if you want to disable the intro you need to replace it with the UT Logo. It's been a long time since I did this, so if I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me...
                  Open UnrealTournament.ini
                  You'll see something under [URL] heading that looks like this: LocalMap=CityIntro.unr
                  Change the CityIntro.unr to: UT-LOGO-Map.unr
                  Save and Exit, and next to you load the game "no more intro"...just the logo.
                  Remember to hit Esc to close the logo to access the game menu (it may take a couple of seconds to close).
                  My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

that's right beez, works great!
                    jim
                    PIII-500mhz @ 620 ! with an Abit BE6 mobo
                    128mb pc-100 cas 2
                    Mill G400 (vanilla!!!) 32mb @ 167/208 with MGATweak-417mhz, (2.5, 2, 2.5), PD 5.5010 & bios 1.5-22
                    Maxtor 14.3 gb Uata66 hdd
                    SB Live!
                    Winblows 98se & DX7
                    and 384k DSL!

Comment

I'll send a message to Jorden and get a link to this topic into the FAQ Forum. That way all our UT players can find it.

------------------
                      Ace

"..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
                      Gainward Ti4600
                      AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Added it
                        Jordâ„¢

Comment

Working...
                        X