Carmageddon 2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carmageddon 2000

Anybody downloaded this demo? Does it have bumpmapping in the demo, since this was a Matrox Game of the Week? I'm currently downloading the demo, so I'll post my views tomorrow or so.

Get it here:
    http://www.3dfiles.com/games/carmageddontdr2000.shtml

Okay, so I've downloaded it, installed it and I have to say, this will be the best Carmageddon yet. Graphics, physics, car damage, all have been improved.

The main question is this: Has anyone gotten the bump mapping to work. The option is there, but is seems to do nothing. If anyone has managed to get it working, please let me know.

Comment

I don't think the Bump Mapping has been enabled for this alpha release.

The tick box is there, but as you say, it seems to make no difference.

I'm sure by the time they release an 'official' demo of the game, Bump Mapping will be included. Just try to be patient.
      Phils PC Mods - a rough guide

Comment

You are correct, EMBM didn't happen in this alpha demo. We are working with SCI on EMBM in the official demo which should appear shortly near a demo site near you, stay tuned

------------------
        "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."
        "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

Comment

Very CooL!

Comment

Excellent (rubbing hands together, doing a Mr. Burns imitation...)

Comment

RUN LIKE POO UNDER WIN2K.

*pout* *pout*

*sniff* *SNIFFFFF*

- Gurm

------------------
              Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
              If only life were as easy as you
              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
              If only life were as easy as you
              I would still get screwed

Comment

Actualy, runs pretty well under W2K.
                If you install timecrack it dies every second time on launch, but that's not a big problem.

I think that's great! They have carma 1 on the new engine (IMHO carma 2 sucks)! )

What I love is afterburner. You can fly now! Try launching yourself over the whole level - great visuals! )

Looking for some new weapons ... (the only interesting part from carma 2)

Oh, and when I go without one of wheels, I see sparks! )) COOL!
                Matrox Millenium P750 bios 1.3 - 12, P4 3Ghz HT 800Mhz, Asus P4P800 Deluxe, 1Gb DDR400 Dual Channel, Dual Seagate 80Gb S-ATA on Intel Raid level 0, Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-M1302, external Yamaha CD-RW CRW-F1DX on Firewire, Microsoft Natural Elite keyboard, Microsoft Intellimouse Optical, Viewsonic P90F, Viewsonic PF790

Comment

It doesn't work for me in Windows Millennium. I have a G400 with 552 drivers.
                  It works fine on my other computer with Windows 98SE and Matrox G200. Anyone have a solution?

Here is the error message:

"Error Starting Program
                  Unable to run C:\Program Files\SCi\TDR 2000 Alpha Test Demo\Tdr2000Demo.exe"

"Error!
                  Couldn't launch TDR 2000 Alpha Test Demo... Try reinstalling it..."

It doesn't help to reinstall it!

Comment

I had some errors only on first run. I mean when I run it second time it's fine. (on W2K).

Where's that full demo??? %) o=6
                    Matrox Millenium P750 bios 1.3 - 12, P4 3Ghz HT 800Mhz, Asus P4P800 Deluxe, 1Gb DDR400 Dual Channel, Dual Seagate 80Gb S-ATA on Intel Raid level 0, Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-M1302, external Yamaha CD-RW CRW-F1DX on Firewire, Microsoft Natural Elite keyboard, Microsoft Intellimouse Optical, Viewsonic P90F, Viewsonic PF790

Comment

http://www.3dfiles.com/games/carmageddontdr2000.shtml

Comment

No, I mean demo, not alpha... the one with Bump Mapping ...

Comment

I don't think it has been released yet.. Another 100+ megabyte download with my slow ISDN connection? =)

Comment

Working...
                          X