UT-Prob with G200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT-Prob with G200

Ok,I already solved this Prob once (somebody of this forum helped me ), but now, after updating UT to version 420, I got the prob again. But i forgot how to solve it.
    My prob is, that when I enter a game, everything is black, except the stars and the lights on walls.
    I know that I have to turn an option in the advanced graphics setting off, to get Ut to work again. But I forgot what to type in the console, to get to the advanced settings.And I forgot which option i have to turn off. (I think it was something with multitexture or so).
    I hope one of you guys can help me a second time.

thanks a lot
    Elemental
    Pentium3 500Mhz
    192MB Ram
    Matrox Millennium G200(8MB)

Set multitextures to off in the advanced settings (in the console type preferences). If it doesn´t work, try Powerdesk 6 Beta.

Comment

Here's what I posted at planetunreal. It explains everything more detailed:

"I have a problem with Direct3D, which occured after updating from version 405 to 420. The problem is that the levels are totally black. I only see the HUD, items like weapons, ammo ,barrels,plants or stars and the lights. But the floor and walls are black.
      I already had this problem with version 405 afer updating to the latest Matrox drivers, but I solved it by disabling
      "Multitexture" in the D3D-advanced setting.
      But now (with version 420),although Multitexture is disabled, I got the problem again. I tried enabling Multitexture, but that doesn't fix the Problem.

My D3D-Settings:

Coronas: True
      DescFlaqs: 1
      Description: Matrox Millennium G200 AGP - Deutsch
      Detail Textures: True
      dwDeviceld: 1313
      dwVendorld: 4139
      High Detail Actors: True
      Shiny Surfaces: True
      Use 3dfx: False
      Use AGP Textures: False
      Use Gamma Correction: True
      Use Mipmapping: True
      Use Multitexture: False
      Use Palettes: True
      Use Precache: True
      Use Trilinear: False
      Use Triple Buffering: True
      Use Video Memory VB: False
      Use VSync: False
      Volumetric Lighting: False

Perhaps I should mention that the game runs in opengl without problems,except that the performance is very bad.

My System: P3 500, 64MB Ram, Matrox Millennium G200 (8MB) with Powerdesk 5.52.015 (which is the latest version for the G200)

I hope somebody knows a solution, because I really have no idea what to do!

thx "

P.S.: I thought the Beta6 drivers are G400 only!

Pentium3 500Mhz
      192MB Ram

Comment

try forcing agp 1x

Comment

How do I do that?
          Pentium3 500Mhz
          192MB Ram

Comment

OK, I got this AGPswitch-utility. But how the **** does this work?
            I click on the agpswitch.exe and then I have a little icon in the system tray that says "Stayon" when I put the mouse on it. But where can I select AGP1x or Agp2x ? Nothing happens when I rightclick or leftclick on the item!

[This message has been edited by Elemental (edited 18 July 2000).]
            Pentium3 500Mhz
            192MB Ram

Comment

I forgot:

Can I use the Beta6 drivers with my G200?
              Pentium3 500Mhz
              192MB Ram

Comment

Yes, got to Matroxusers and get the PD6 + install.inf, with that you will replace the one that comes with PD6. Then run Setup (remember to uninstall the previous drivers).

Comment

unreal tournament works with pd6 (use the install file for g200 from matroxusers) & directx 8 beta, no faster than older versions though.

Comment

the above is at agp 2x

Comment

I went back to PD 5.41.008, and now everythings fine again!
                      But I noticed something different:
                      I got this "mtstutil" from Matox.com to select agp-speed, because I couldn't figure out how to get AGP-switch o.oo1 (that can be found at the utilities section of matroxusers.com) to work.
                      With mtstutil you can force AGP1x , 2x or 4x.
                      I read that when you select AGP4x, and your card or motherboard doesn't support it, it just runs in AGP2x.
                      So I selected AGP4x, but then I noticed that UT runs very jerky, with jerky sound. Hmmm, I selected AGP2x and UT works fine again.
                      Pentium3 500Mhz
                      192MB Ram

Comment

Working...
                      X