Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• qw +g400 +gamma

Hi
    I will play qw but it's unplayable dark before i rise desktopgamma. After rising desktopgamma it's ok. What I wanna know ist how can I rise the gamma in game? I tried it with /gamma lower and higher 0.5 wich is default but had effect. Is this an known Issue in Powerdesk XXX or how can rise gamma so that I didn't need to change my desktopgamma???

------------------
    Celeron 300A@450
    Asus P2B, G400 DH 4A 32MB SG-Ram oc@150\200 256 MB Cas2 PC100

PIII 700@933 on Asus P3B-F, GF2 GTS, 512 MB Infineon

No, you can't raise the gamma in the game.
    You can use the program idgamma to create a PAK file with higher gamma, or email me and I will send you a PAK2.PAK file with a gamma that works well with the G400.
    chuck

------------------
    ABit BF6, P3-650@923, 256mb@142cas3, 10gb IBM@7200, SB Live Value@3.0, Pioneer 104s DVD, Mitsumi CDRW@2x2x8, Acatel 1000 ADSL@1.5mb/sec, Linksys EtherFast NIC, LG 995e, USB mouse,Matrox G400 MAX!!!!

Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Comment

btw Chuck, would you have some nice (easy to see in the dark) TF skins?

Comment

Unlike what appears to be the norm in quakeworld nowadays, I never cheat.
        It would be silly, I have a ping of about 30 where I play mostly.
        The pak file I have is just an idgamma pak to lighten up the game to playable levels on the G400.
        chuck

PS I don't have any aim bots either.
        Chuck
        秋音的爸爸

Comment

I tried several settings with this idgamma tool. I created a lot of different pakfiles. Afterwards I tooked the pak wich was most playable bright and did a timedemo. With this pakfile i lost about 40% of my FPS!??
          So I decided to rise Gamma on Desktop when I'm playing qw.

@Cjollie: Thx for the pakfile. I will try it these day's. I've got an aimbot including a pure server hack for q3. If you want to test it I can email it to you.

@Shoju: I can email you an Fullbrightskin exe but this is a cheat and f_modified will not work. BTW I don't like this cheating stuff. I don't need any cheats to rule in qw or other Games like this.

------------------
          Celeron 300A@450
          Asus P2B, G400 DH 4A 32MB SG-Ram oc@150\200 256 MB Cas2 PC100

PIII 700@933 on Asus P3B-F, GF2 GTS, 512 MB Infineon

Comment

Pardon my ignorance, but what is an aimbot? Is this something unique to QuakeWorld (of which, I also have no experience). I do enjoy the Doom/Quake series so I really should know these things.
            <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

With 30 ping you'd rule at sniping but you can't even see enemy snipers under the 2forts sniper deck... no good.

Or can Id gamma make skins more visible? My gamma is perfect at the moment, but can't see nothing in the dark

Comment

Marco: I wasn't asking for a cheat
                Xortam: Aimbot is a cheat that helps snipers in TeamFortess to aim. Well, that's the only use of it that I know of.

Comment

IMHO AimBot exists also for Q2. (in form of proxy)
                  Actualy, it was made for Q2, but after that QW source was released.... ;-)
                  Matrox Millenium P750 bios 1.3 - 12, P4 3Ghz HT 800Mhz, Asus P4P800 Deluxe, 1Gb DDR400 Dual Channel, Dual Seagate 80Gb S-ATA on Intel Raid level 0, Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-M1302, external Yamaha CD-RW CRW-F1DX on Firewire, Microsoft Natural Elite keyboard, Microsoft Intellimouse Optical, Viewsonic P90F, Viewsonic PF790

Comment

Working...
                  X