Icewind Dale in 32bit...NOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Icewind Dale in 32bit...NOT

OK, I know alot of people have been playing Diablo II, I'm one of those people. I haven't finished it yet but intend to over the next few days. My question is this, has anyone been able to run Icewind Dale (came out the same day D2 did from the Baldur's Gate folks at Black Isle)in 32bit color mode? I had my desktop set to that but backed off to 24bit as Dungeon Keeper 2 was NOT having it. Anyway, Icewind locks up my machine tigher than a virgin in Vegas if I try to run in 32bit mode setting in the game itself, not my desktop. If I kick it down to 24bit in the game it fires up ok but is a little slow and you see alot of tearing. Setting the game to 16bit color solved everthing, comes up fine, play is fast, and no tearing or other crappy screen things that can detract from the game. If you like BG, and can't wait for Shadows of Amn, this looks like a nice filler until BG2 shows up later this year. I'd be curious to hear of others having this same problem. Oh yes, I'm at bIOS 1.6 and PD 5.55.

Well my bio says it by this is on a G400Max 32MB card...

------------------
    PIII/600 256MB, ASUS P3B-F,50+GB, G400MAX +12MB voodoo2, SB live!, DSL, etc....

[This message has been edited by skeeech (edited 10 July 2000).]
    PIII/850, 640MB, ASUS P3B-F,80GB+ of HD, G400MAX +12MB voodoo2, SB live!MP3, Cable Modem, etc...

Cant help because as far as I was aware Icewind wasnt for release until Sept 2000?
    In the UK anyway......I was told it wasnr finished yet so maybe your copy is beta or sumfin ?

[This message has been edited by TopCat-FCD (edited 11 July 2000).]
    AMD Athlon 550
    128mb ram
    21 Gig IBM HD
    Soundblaster Live!(LW3)
    Matrox G400 Max 32mb DH(PD5.52)
    2x 19" Iiyama VM pro's
    FIC SD11 M/B
    Win98 SE
    Samsung 32x
    Mitsumi CDR 4x8
    Desk
    Chair
    Sticky Mouse
    Dirty Keyboard
    Wife
    3 Hyenas and a teenager
    FatCat
    Some fish
    2 Rabbits
    Hamster
    ......er......
    Ah..Winnie the Pooh phone!

Comment

Oh it is the full version. I wont argue that this is beta code (tongue in cheek here) but they are pushing this beta for about 50 dollars a pop! Thanx for responding.

------------------
      PIII/600 256MB, ASUS P3B-F,50+GB, G400MAX +12MB voodoo2, SB live!, DSL, etc....

PIII/850, 640MB, ASUS P3B-F,80GB+ of HD, G400MAX +12MB voodoo2, SB live!MP3, Cable Modem, etc...

Comment

have you installed the beta patch for icewind dale yet?

i am playing icewind dale just smilky smooth in 32bit with the opengl enabled.

Comment

Nope I haven't even gone to look for one. I guess if Diablo 2 can patch a game before it comes out others can too! Once I get back to my home machine I'll locate the patch and post me results. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

I'm running Icewind Dale in 32bit (OpenGL mode) no problem there, but when I exit the game the screen goes black and I cannot do anything. It simply crashes!
            As far as a patch, I cannot see any on Interplays homepage.
            Going to try in standard mode.
            G400MAX and PD6.

Btw, there wasn't a patch for D2 before it was released (unless you live in some outer region of a very forgotten country ).
            -+-+-+-+-+-
            El Mariachi
            +-+-+-+-+-+

Comment

I have a G200, but from what I know, OpenGL mode in IWD is 16 bit, not 32 bit.
              Actually, I've done a lot of experiments, and I find that IWD @32 bit is A LOT MORE visually appealing than OpenGL mode, spells included.
              OpenGL mode is there to speed up slow computer, but I found IWD fast enough with a P2 350.
              At least that's what I know.
              I tried with a 6 level mage to launch all spells I had both in OpenGL and 32 bit plain mode, just to see wich was better (I thought spells were cooler in OpenGL), but really I cannot see any difference.
              Backgrounds are much more beautiful in 32 bit mode (in particoular water anims).

Ciao!
              Stefano aka Pitta
              Ciao!
              Stefano aka Pitta

Comment

Working...
              X