• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New G400 driver and o/c util

MGATweak is far superior and works with ANY drivers
    jim

------------------
    Abit BE6-2 with P3 700(cb0) @ 7*150=1052 using an MC-1000!
    15.3 gb Maxtor ata66 and Twinmos 128mb pc-133 ram
    G400 vanilla 32mb @ 168/210 @ 2x
    Sblive with Altec Lansing speaker combo
    384k DSL and Realtek nic
    Windows 98se with DX7a
    Worn out reset button :O)

PIII-500mhz @ 620 ! with an Abit BE6 mobo
    128mb pc-100 cas 2
    Mill G400 (vanilla!!!) 32mb @ 167/208 with MGATweak-417mhz, (2.5, 2, 2.5), PD 5.5010 & bios 1.5-22
    Maxtor 14.3 gb Uata66 hdd
    SB Live!
    Winblows 98se & DX7
    and 384k DSL!

It's been known that the Matrox o/c util does not work with PD6. It's unknown at this point if Matrox will release an updated overclocker...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

New G400 driver and o/c util

Seems that the new beta driver 6.00.010 stops the matrox overclocking utility working! (well for me anyway) It has a large red cross through it on the taskbar and it crashes when you close it. Anyone else get this? Seems to be my only problem so far.

Athlon650/G400DH 32MB OEM

Comment

I suspect it will be folded into the TS utility.
        That way the support buck will be passed to TC's lap.
        chuck

Chuck
        秋音的爸爸

Comment

does anyone know how to get MGAtweak to run as a power user in win 2k?, i can only get it run as an administrator.

Comment

Win2k only allows device drivers loading with administrator privilege. MGATweak, when working under WinNT/2K, will emulate the dynamic device driver loading using Win32 Service Control APIs. When it quits, it completely remove the device driver.

I am not sure about how WDM can improve such situation.

I spotted a utility in Compuware/Numage website that allows device driver loading in user privilege under WinNT/2K. I haven't not tried it yet since I am now far away from my own PCs. You may wish to try it out if it works.
            KJ Liew

Comment

Win2k only allows device drivers loading with administrator privilege. MGATweak, when working under WinNT/2K, will emulate the dynamic device driver loading using Win32 Service Control APIs. When it quits, it completely remove the device driver.

I am not sure about how WDM can improve such situation.

I spotted a utility in Compuware/Numage website that allows device driver loading in user privilege under WinNT/2K. I haven't not tried it yet since I am now far away from my own PCs. You may wish to try it out if it works. http://www.numega.com/drivercentral/.../unprotect.exe

[This message has been edited by kjliew (edited 13 July 2000).]
              KJ Liew

Comment

thanks for the link kjliew, shall try it out later & let you know how it went.

Comment

elmes

It doesn't work with win2k either, I get the exact same thing! I guess it needs an upgrade...

Hey, where do I get an understanding of all the settings found in the MGATweak tool?

I wouldn't know where to start with this thing, just a dumbo here

Cheers Till

Comment

http://mgatools.matroxusers.com/Files/MGATweak.pdf

Comment

Thanks man!

Till

Comment

Working...
                      X