Screen Updates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen Updates?

Sometimes when closing or just minimizing a window which is on top of another window, graphics from the closed/minimized window is left behind on the new window. It can be removed by moving another windows over the corrupt graphics. However it is only on the desktop and not in games (D3D or 2D no diffrence).
    I was just wondering if I am the only one which has this problem?
    Using G400MAX and PD6 (it has been there since PD5, which is since i bought the G400).
    -+-+-+-+-+-
    El Mariachi
    +-+-+-+-+-+

Nope, you're not the only one, I have exactly the same "problem". Think it's something to do with the refresh rates?

Jord.
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Maybe not the refresh rates, but something is wrong with the screen updates, I think that they are not done correctly on the G400. A driver problem maybe?
      -+-+-+-+-+-
      El Mariachi
      +-+-+-+-+-+

Comment

I always thought that was an "undocumented feature" of Windows. I've seen in on computers not using Matrox cards, so I don't think it's the video cards fault.

Comment

Could well be, Jon, for I must say I don't always see it happening. Sometimes even a simple reboot rids me of the problems

Jord.
          Jordâ„¢

Comment

I get this as well. I've always had this, but it doesn't happen often.

Comment

I'll go with Jon P on this one. Just another undocumented feature. I get it on pretty much every machine I use, Matrox, Nvidia, that "wunderful" Trident at work. It's a timing issue, I think, but I have no idea how to fix it.

Comment

Funny, coz i first noticed it AFTER i've got a G400, i'm pretty sure that it wasn't there before...., not with the mystique nor the G200, i've previously had.
                -+-+-+-+-+-
                El Mariachi
                +-+-+-+-+-+

Comment

Working...
                X