Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Haig, Please reenable server downloads.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Haig, Please reenable server downloads.

Hi Joel all the files are on the <a href="http://clan-mu.matroxusers.com/html/files/ut/filesut.html">Clan-MU site</a> and it has all the instructions to install everything and it's faster too.
    later
    CT
    ©¥ßê®têk

Hey Haig, Please reenable server downloads.

I keep getting kicked out of the MGI game server because it can't download one thing or another.

Joel
    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

It is asking about TCowMeshSkinsdc and I'm not sure which one that is. For me I have cable modem so downloads is not a problem.

Joel

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.

Comment

TCowMeshSkinsdc are the dino-cow skins found on Clan-MU.
        My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

Did anyone try the DinoCows on the MGI server?
          CT

[This message has been edited by CyberTek (edited 12 July 2000).]
          ©¥ßê®têk

Comment

Thanks guys that did it.

Joel

www.lp.org

Comment

Okay, now I will ask for serverdownloads to be re-enabled, please, Haig?

For no matter what tcowsmeshskin textures I install, there must be a completely different version on the MGI server, for it keeps telling me I've got either damaged skins or the wrong ones.

I've installed the ones from the original zip, and reinstalled the ones I downloaded from Clan-MU, it doesn't matter.

Hum hum... help? Ya, HELP !!
              (How do I uninstall them completely, or in what bonus pack were the original ones? )

Jord.
              Jordâ„¢

Comment

The twocowfix.zip on Clan-Mu contains the original TCowMeshSkins files taken directly from the Epic Bonus Pack. I copied those after reinstalling the Bonus Pack when I had problems, then gave the to Kindness, who was thoughtful enough to send them to Oboy for inclusion on the page. Anyway, all you should need to do is copy (from the twocowsfix.zip file) the TCowMeshSkins.int file into your UnrealTournament/System directory, and copy the TCowMeshSkins.utx file into your UnrealTournament/Textures directory to fix the mismatch problem.

If that doesn't work, ICQ me, and I'll point you to the Epic Bonus Pack download, so you can try reinstalling it (this should fix the problem, too, as it was how I originally fixed mine).

------------------
                Ace

"..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
                Gainward Ti4600
                AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Thanks Ace, I just needed to know which of the 2 bonuspacks it came from: Inoxx or Epic's ..

And I've reinstalled the files directly from the .zip file loaded from Oboy's site. Overwriting the ones I already had overwritten before. And I've been on the MGI server before, but just tonight it wouldn't let me in, same error over and over.

I'll install the Epic Bonus pack again, hoping I'm not overwriting other skins with it?

Jord.
                  Jordâ„¢

Comment

Not much good that it did... it's still giving me the Tcowsmeshskin shit

Can anyone reach the UT server?

Jord.
                    Jordâ„¢

Comment

I could... (just read the thread about my troubles running UT ;-)

------------------
                      - What do you get when you put N nVidia whores in a circle and each one pats the person on their right on the back and says "nVidia wins 3dfx and Michael Knight any day of the week!" ?

- You get N people with a boosted ego, and no-one loses anything; keep up the good work, boys!

Comment

Okay, now I am starting to hate it again...

I have:[list=a][*] Downloaded the twocowsfix.zip from Caln-MU[*] Reinstalled the files in twocowsfix.zip [*] Reinstalled the .int and .utx files from the twocowsh1t.zip that are needed[*] Rebooted about 15 times[*] Tried to access the MGI server and although it says it can't connect me or download the right skins to me, it WILL stay connected to me after I quit UT !![/list=a]

****very ugly and deep sigh smelling of garlic no doubt****

I give up !!

I didn't change a single thing to UT after I played on the MGI server a couple of nights before. But all of a sudden I can not connect anymore. No matter what I do or install...

I just plainly give up!!

[begging on knees] Haig PLEASE re-enable server downloads so it can send me assumingly the right files!! [/begging on knees]

Jord.
                        <hr>
                        Edit: Can someone give me the bytesizes of the right .int and .utx skins?
                        What I get from the UT server is the following message all the time:
                        failed; Downloading package 'TCowMeshSkinsdc' failed: Server refused to send 'TCowMeshSkinsdc'

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 13 July 2000).]
                        Jordâ„¢

Comment

well... I can only tell how I installed UT so that I could play on the MGI server...

After a clean UT install, I updated to 4.05b + beta D3d (you can probably just upgrade to 4.20 immediately), then I installed all the packs on the CLAN-MU page + the official bonuspack. That's when I copied all the maps + textures from the clan-mu site, to leave the skins as the final install (and I did not touch the cow-fix thing, since the cow download already was working). I downloaded the .ini file with all the serverpacks variables in it, and added those that I did not have in my unrealtournament.ini file yet, except for the last line, since that is a error?

Then I tried to connect and got the odd problem... that's when I upgraded to 4.20, and everything worked just fine... wel, unplayable, but I could connect to the MGI server

------------------
                          - What do you get when you put N nVidia whores in a circle and each one pats the person on their right on the back and says "nVidia wins 3dfx and Michael Knight any day of the week!" ?

- You get N people with a boosted ego, and no-one loses anything; keep up the good work, boys!

Comment

Jorden, try this -- load the DinoCow skins. I failed to load these the first time (don't think they were on the Clan-MU site initially). Up until just the last couple of days, I've be connecting to the MGI server just fine. Suddenly, I got the TCowMeshSkins error just before getting kicked out -- but it wasn't the "Version Mismatch" error. It was just looking for the TCowMeshSkinsdc files. (Notice the initial posts by Joel at the top of this thread.)
                            Give this a try.

[This message has been edited by Beezer (edited 13 July 2000).]
                            My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

Thanks Beezer, kiss on your forehead... at least it gave me another error this time

I'm now reloading all skins from Oboy's page, bar the Soldier_Castle skin, as it gives a GA-error page. Now I hope that won't get me into next trouble

Someone out there who's willing to send it to me? Just in case? My email's on top there and I have a 15Mb email to spare

Jord.
                              Jordâ„¢

Comment

Working...
                              X