Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone got G200 and MCM2 bugs figured out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got G200 and MCM2 bugs figured out?

Has anyone yet figured out at least WHY the Stunt Quary and Enduro tracks have messed up testures in MCM2 with the G200?

I know how to at least "kinda" fix it (fit textures in memory) but it makes the ground textures SO low-res that it's impossible to see where the track turns so I keep going off course all the time.

Is it a problem with the game itself that could be fixed with an upgrade patch or is it a Matrox driver issue?

ALSO: I'm assuming that the single pass and double pass settings aren't really usefull for the G200. They don't seem to be any different then just setting it to "none".

[This message has been edited by Dentaku (edited 16 June 2000).]

I have three computers networked together in my game room. One with a G200,one with a Voodoo3 and one with a Banshee. They are all overclocked Celerons and MCM2 looks about the same on all of the computers. I am using the PD541 drivers for the G200 and I am really afraid to update them because the game runs so well. I am having a little trouble with Quake1 being a little unstable. I guess these drivers do not like the GLquake patch that I am using. Do you have any suggestions in that regard?

Comment

So you're saying that the ground textures aren't just a garbled mess in the Stunt and Enduro tracks on your G200 and you DON'T have "Force Textures To Fit in Video Memory" checked? (under the "Advanced" button in "Graphics")

Maybe I should try the 5.41 drivers?

Comment

I did not at first have "Force Textures To Fit in Video Memory" checked but after I did that, the game looked okay. I started playing the game with the stunt tracks and it was a mess until I read the instruction for the G200. I tried the Enduro tracks after I read your post and it looked good. I have never flashed the bios on my card and I don't think I will until I run into problems.

Comment

Well you see, the problem with using "Force Textures To Fit in Video Memory" is that it just reduces the detail of the textures so much that it's quite annoying. It DOES fix the problem with the messed up textures but the tradeoff in quality is just too big.
          I also noticed that the indoor supercross tracks have the same problem.
          I don't think the Matrox drivers are completely to blame here. I hope Rainbow Studios comes out with a fix for it soon.
          So far Palm Springs (simple sandy ground texture anyway) and Roswell (not a very good map) are the only Stunt tracks I've found that work.
          Enduro tracks are useless if you have to degrade the ground textures so much that you can't even see where the next turn is.

Comment

Well, I've tried all of the tracks that you say are messed up and I compared the Voodoo3 and the G200 and they look about the same on all of the tracks on my computers and I am comparing the images side by side. I don't really know what settings are causing my good luck with this game.

Comment

Well,i've tried every powerdesk with my G200,only the 4.33 works well with MCM2,but it's a little bit slower and that PD doesn't support OpenGl well so i'm now using 5.52 but textures in MCM2 are corupted,so me neither know what to do...
              I had seen chicken passing the street and i believed,
              how many chickens must pass before you believe

agent Fox Mulder

Comment

OLDIE: If you had this problem I'm sure you'd notice.
                It's nothing you have to run side by side to notice. It's a complete messup.
                Here's an example: http://home.klis.com/~bertrob/mcm2_t...xture_mess.jpg

Comment

What OS are you guys using? I am using W95B on the PC that has the G200. That is the only thing that I know that may be different. I find that W98 is too much of a hog on resources for me. As I said in my previous post, I am using the original Bios on the video card also. Sorry I can't help any more than that.

Comment

Hi Guys,

I just got MCM2 for Father's Day and I am having the same problems running it on my G-200. First I tried it with the old 4.26 drivers and it was really bad. Then I upgraded to the 5.41 drivers. Now at least I can see my motorcycle, but everything else is still screwed up.

I was hoping someone here would have a solution already, but I guess not. Time to try Microsoft, I guess.

Rick

------------------
                    http://www.Hogans-Systems.com
                    http://www.Hogans-Systems.com

Comment

Do the Nationals and Baja tracks at least work?
                      It's a good thing the Nationals tracks don't mess up on my G200 because the game would be useless otherwise.

Comment

Does everyone have Directx 7.0 installed?

I'm half tempted to throw my old G200 in my wife/son's machine right now, although I should be doing work. It currently has an I740 and runs MCM2 pretty well at 640x480. Anything higher is choppy. Every now and then it crashes out of MCM2 to the desktop, something I think is related to Intel's reference drivers. I keep meaning to switch out the cards but just haven't got around to it. I'll post my results as soon as I do.

Comment

The game only runs on my computers with the Directx that was furnished with the game CD. I really don't know what version it is. It will not run with the Directx7 or directx7a that I downloaded.

Comment

That's strange. I'm using DirectX 7a that I installed a while ago.

Comment

Well,

I just put the G200 in the other machine and get the same problem as Dentaku. I only tried PD 5.52. Here's the weird part; I have no problems when running 640x480. Anything higher and I get the same corruption as the example Dentaku posted. Have you guys tried 640x480? I'll post more when I get a chance to really play around with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X