G400 Max is great but... (read on)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 Max is great but... (read on)

I got myself G400 Max for a nice price and it runs beautifully on my K6-II 500 box under Win-98 (tried Quake, Quake 2, Quake 3, Vampire, Lemmings Revolution and Diablo 2 so far) however I'm bit surprised about one thing, isn't there any good tweak utility for the Max? I mean, I have PD 6.0 and G400Tweak so I can tweak 2D and D3D to the max image quality and I already have AGP 2X and bus mastering enabled but, where are the OpenGL settings (vsync, image quality, buffering, etc, etc) and the advanced Direct3D settings? all 3D cards rely on a tweak utility to show the best of themselves and sometimes u need that tool to fix some games as well but I couldn't find anything like that for the max (I'm not even asking for overclocking :P). Can anyone tell me if such tool exists n where I can grab it?

Thanks but I couldn't find anything about it on Matrox site, could u be more specific or post a link to the doc?

Comment

you know, it is on thr Matrox site. Just take a look here:
      http://www.matrox.com/mga/drivers/files/ftp_util2.htm

------------------
      - What do you get when you put N nVidia whores in a circle and each one pats the person on their right on the back and says "nVidia wins 3dfx and Michael Knight any day of the week!" ?

- You get N people with a boosted ego, and no-one loses anything; keep up the good work, boys!

Comment

dZeus, where'd you see a list of things to be implemented in the near future? I see the current version info there, but nothing about the things they're planning to do (if they plan to add more capabilities to the utility, and not just fix bugs).

------------------
        Ace

"..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
        Gainward Ti4600
        AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

You're right, I don't see anything about future versions, guess I'll have to stick to the way drivers r configured for OpenGL so far

Comment

Just be a little patient...

look at the Matrox Tech Support Tweak Util in the util section on www.matrox.com. Just look at the things that will be implemented in near future..

------------------
            - What do you get when you put N nVidia whores in a circle and each one pats the person on their right on the back and says "nVidia wins 3dfx and Michael Knight any day of the week!" ?

- You get N people with a boosted ego, and no-one loses anything; keep up the good work, boys!

Comment

Working...
            X