I want to play on the MGI UT server!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to play on the MGI UT server!

I can;t get onto the MGI UT server... I installed _all_ the files on the MU page, and also the Unreal bonuspack and the 4.05 update + 4.06 Beta Direct3D dll, but I can't connect to the server:

it says:
    "Can't find boolproperty in the file 'BoolPropertyBotPack.TournamentGameinfo.bDisAllowO Verride' "

when I try to connect. Anyone familiar with this message? (I too want to play for Clan-MU :-( )

------------------
    - What do you get when you put N nVidia whores in a circle and each one pats the person on their right on the back and says "nVidia wins 3dfx and Michael Knight any day of the week!" ?

- You get N people with a boosted ego, and no-one loses anything; keep up the good work, boys!

Did you also install the InoxxUpdatePack?? And although it is not really necessary, you might want to update to patch 4.20

Jord.
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

I play with version 4.05b with the 4.06 direct3d dll... if I try anything else, D3D performance is horrible on my pc, and UT will be unplayable, even at 640x480x16 bit. I installed all the packages present on the clan-mu site.

Other servers work fine.

P.S.
      it would be nice if there was a 'enhance performance' section specifically meant for G200/G400 users.. UT is a real dog to configure

------------------
      - What do you get when you put N nVidia whores in a circle and each one pats the person on their right on the back and says "nVidia wins 3dfx and Michael Knight any day of the week!" ?

- You get N people with a boosted ego, and no-one loses anything; keep up the good work, boys!

Comment

4.20 should work fine. If not copy the D3Ddriver.dll from 4.06 into the 4.20.

Come on dZeus, we'll help you get this figured out.

Paul
        "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

I had the exact same problem. It happened when I installed the Infiltration Mod.

The only way to fix it is to install 4.20. Infiltration is not compatible with 4.05b.
          My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

ahh.... and do I have to install infiltration to play on the MGI server?

4.20 really sucks bug time.... maybe I should upgrade my memory soon.... right now I am using WIn2k with 128MB RAM, and when I play UT and quit, I can see in taskmanager that when UT was running 220MB RAM was in use.... and that swapping HURTS my framerate enormously... in the game everything freezes once very minute, and for a few seconds I can't do anything at all.. maybe I must change some settings in UT to get decent performance?

I will try the 4.20 upgrade one more time....

P.S. I tried to copy 4.06 D3D dll before in 4.20, and UT did not work any more...

------------------

Comment

Errrm, I tried uninstalling the Infiltration mod in UT and play with patch4.13 on the server, but it kept saying it couldn't send me the Infiltration software. As downloads are no longer used by the MGI server.

As far as I know, Infiltration is not yet used by the MGI UT server, but in the future it may be.

Maybe Haig can disable Infiltration in the mean time?

Jord.

Edit: I'm looking for a couple of links to configure UT for the G200/G400 setups, dZeus. Don't sweat, they'll be added Good thing for the FAQs

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 12 July 2000).]
              Jordâ„¢

Comment

Paul, you beat me by one minute

Actually, when I installed 4.20, I found no performance issues in D3D. Actually, I have not yet had UT crash on me since upgrading, and my online connections "seem" a little more stable. With 4.05b UT would crash on me at least once every hour or so ("client actor" type of error message).

This is running in Windows 98SE. I'm not familiar with any of the Win2K issues. List you system specs and someone here should be able to get your performance where it should be.

[This message has been edited by Beezer (edited 12 July 2000).]
                My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

I just tried 4.20 again, and it is working now, but with heavy swapping.... I am almost completely sure it is a memory problem. The first 5 minutes in a level are really impossible to play, because of all the swapping, and after those 5 minutes everything is much better.... at least, untill you see an enemy on screen, which causes lots of swapping again.

UT takes about 3 minutes to boot and quit, and causes a program error on quit.

------------------

Comment

Again, I must say I am not familiar with Win2K, but I know two things that would be causing your problem if you were in Win98.

For disk swapping, check your UnrealTournament.ini file under [GameEngine] (I think). There is a line specifying "CACHEMEGSIZE =" . The default is 4, try something more like 100 (since you have 128 RAM). It should help.

For long load time I found that when I messed with my HD controller settings and such, I screwed this up. So if you've been messing around with any of the settings in Device Manager (troubleshooting) set things back to default. Specifically, I found that when I added the lines in my SYSTEM.INI file to specify VCACHE min and max values, my load times for UT went to as high as 4 minutes with tons of disk activity. By taking those lines out, I'm back to about 20 seconds load time.

Even though I currently have 256MB RAM, I had none of your symptoms when I used only 128MB.

Comment

You may need to increase CacheSizeMegs=4 to 40 or more in you .ini file in System folder. This may help stop all that swapping at the beginning of your games.

Paul

You beat me by 2 minutes Beezer....LOL

[This message has been edited by ALBPM (edited 12 July 2000).]
                      "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

I;ve tried 40MB already.... didn't seem to make a difference at all.

In the days I was running Win98, UT ran just fine. It is in Win2k that the problems have shown up. I really think it is a lack of RAM on my pc, because just before I start UT, taskmanager says about 90MB has been taken by Windows and all programs booted at startup. in the days I used Win98, this only was about 30MB.

I will upgrade to 256 as soon as the memory prices will go down to a reasonable level again.... (I don't think that will be anytime before September).

For my PC config: http://dzeus.student.utwente.nl/g400/systemconfig.html

------------------

Comment

I notice that you have a Pinnacle Studio Pro card. I believe this is for Video Editing? If so, there are many system "optimization" recommendations for video editing that are not necessarily good for gaming. That's how I screwed up my system so that it was working like yours is now.

If you have altered your system to optimize for video editing, try undoing some of those changes. The problem you describe sounds very much like my symptoms. I ultimately just reloaded Windows to get back to where I was because some of the things I did wouldn't seem to reset in the registry. I don't remember exactly what I messed with, but mostly disk drive stuff like "read ahead" settings, "primary function of computer = server" (instead of desktop), and the dreaded Vcache comand.

This is kinda how I ended up with 256MB instead of 128MB. I thought my video editing problems were memory related so I bought more -- didn't help at all. But I kept it anyway

LOL Paul

[This message has been edited by Beezer (edited 13 July 2000).]

Comment

I only wish that could be the problem ;-)

The PCTV Pro is a very simple card for viewing TV on the PC. Capturing with it sucks, so I don't even use that functionality of it.

------------------

Comment

Working...
                            X