New D3D patch for GPL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New D3D patch for GPL!

Forget about waiting for the OGL rasterizer compatibility problems to get resolved. Papyrus pulled a rabbit out of their hat yesterday and released a beta version of a new D3D rasterizer for GPL!
    http://www.papy.com/gpl/download.html

Performance is stunning.... I'm easily able to get 36FPS at 1024x768 with my G400 and PIII 450. It's like a completely different sim.

What PD are you using??
    The game keeps crashing out when i am about to start playing, i have PD 5.55 but i can't get it to work.

Ta.

Tony
    To understand life we should remove complexity and find simplicity.
    Tony 1999

Comment

Thanks for the news about the D3D rasterizer, I ran it last night and it was excellent!!!
      Also, I'm using the PD6.0 beta and have had no problems with GPL so far.

Comment

wizz:

I'm using PD6.0 beta... but reports I read on Sierra's forums suggested success with 5.x level drivers too.

Comment

I cannot get it to launch at all even if I put "softdll.dll" in APP file last rastorizer selected PD 5.52 G400Max any ideas

Comment

My crashing was due to leaving off a "0" in one of the Int Profile Values. The crashing when entering the game can be fixed by placing a value of "1" in the "DisableZBuffer" under [ Direct3D7 ].You can test this by entering a replay. Any view but cockpit will work.

Comment

So how good is this game anyway?

I tried a lot of racing games lately

F199WGP (looked awesome but too arcadish)
              F1 2000 (Too slow with CPU opponents!!)
              Spirits of Speed (slow and no bumps??)
              Rally 2k (barely 30Fps)

hell I even tried the dukes of hazzard (man did that suck hehe)

So I'm still playing Rally Masters & Motorhead for the moment (Man I love Digital Illusions) wich are both Arcade Games but they run so smooth

Oh yeah and Viper Racing ofcourse love that game
              -=And May The Schwartz Be With Ya=-

Comment

Grand Prix Legends is the best. There is a Demo you can download. There are patches for beta OpenGL and Direct3D and Force Feedback. My G400Max, Celeron 300A@464, 128 meg CAS2, Soundblaster Live (uses less CPU power), will run OpenGL at about 8FPS (sad),direct3D at 12FPS, and a pair of Voodoo2's at 17 FPS at the start of the Belgum GP at Spa with the most cars (19) all graphcs maxed and 1024x768. Also I am running better graphics and sounds for the cars and tracks people have written,which slow it from the original game. With the force feedback you can feel the car bitting and drifting. Not just bumps and crashes like a kids game. It is very difficult to drive. It takes a lot of skill and patience. You can buy the game for 14.95 from WWW.Dragon.CA

Comment

Post Script. Those are the lowest frame rates you will see. After the start they will double, but do not exceed 36FPS (game code?).
                  You can easily play in D3D. If its too slow at the start try fewer opponents, or lower graphics. There are many web sites dedicated to GPL. Search for them.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'm sure looking forward to playing this game, sounds awesome

Now I just have to find a store that sells it here.
                    -=And May The Schwartz Be With Ya=-

Comment

Working...
                    X