Z-Buffer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z-Buffer

I have recently come accross a very annoying problem in UT, especially obvious on the CTF Face map.
    When I start the level I am now getting major z-buffer problems when looking at the other base. Also when looking at the large carving inside the bases at the back. This also happens on other levels. I am using the PD6 drivers and I have 32Bit zibuffer enabl;ed in the PD options. What is annying is that last week the error just wasn't there it has just appeared.
    I have tested at all the below resolutions (not that it makes a difference) and the error occurs at all of them.
    D3D 640*480 800*600 1024*768. Performance is great at 1024 it is just the z-buffer thing that is annoying me

------------------
    G400 32MB
    PIII 450 o/c 504
    Gigabyte BX2000
    128 PC100
    Sonic Vortex 2
    Athlon 1Ghz [Arghh]
    Abit KT7A [Arghh] [Arghh]
    512 MB Ram
    Kyro 4500 [Arghh]

This is a know problem to Matrox, and they told me they had a fix for it very soon (well, if this is your problem at least):

------------------
    - What do you get when you put N nVidia whores in a circle and each one pats the person on their right on the back and says "nVidia wins 3dfx and Michael Knight any day of the week!" ?

- You get N people with a boosted ego, and no-one loses anything; keep up the good work, boys!

Comment

Actually this is a problem with the unreal engine, and rest assured they are working on a patch

Rags

------------------
      Partnership for an idiot free America

Comment

Yep that is the problem.
        Shows all the time though not just when zooming. It's just the first few days I had the game I never had the error.

------------------
        G400 32MB
        PIII 450 o/c 504
        Gigabyte BX2000
        128 PC100
        Sonic Vortex 2
        Athlon 1Ghz [Arghh]
        Abit KT7A [Arghh] [Arghh]
        512 MB Ram
        Kyro 4500 [Arghh]

Comment

well so far PD6.XX is still BETA so I think Matrox will fix this problem with next non BETA drivers Im on PD5.55 & have no problems like this...beta is always BETA
          PIII650@806(fsb@124),ASUS P3B-F,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live!vlue ,IntelliMouse Explorer

Comment

A) This topic is being relocated to the Matrox Gaming forum.

B) It is not a beta driver issue, it's a game engine issue. For some reason, the game doesn't use the z-buffer.

C) I have no idea why it just appeared. It's been a known problem for a long time (since the game came out). It's always been like that for me...

[This message has been edited by Kruzin (edited 09 July 2000).]
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
            X