Deux Ex on a G400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deux Ex on a G400

Is anyone here playing Deus Ex? How does it run on your G400? I'm thinking of getting it, but I'm still worried about its sketchy Direct3d code and the problems ppl have running it on non-Voodoo boards. Thanks!

Funny you should ask. I just came here hoping someone could tell me what to do with this particular crash once in a while:
    http://www.rollanet.org/~spencer/crash/crash.jpg

Sometimes I can play for hours without it happening, sometimes 5 minutes. However, it finally crashes back to the desktop with the above general protection fault.

I'm using the latest beta drivers for my G400Max, but this haven't had problems in 3-4 other games I've been playing.

Jeff

Comment

As you can see from my rig, it´s not at all top of the line but i get good performance on Deus Ex except for the memory part. The HD is always swapping. On Opengl i get slower performance but stiil playable with no swapping and a couple of graphic issues on the main menu but that´s all. To play in OpenGl.ini opened opengl.ini and disabled precaching, under default opengl device.

BE ADVISED, SOME OF MY FRIENDS HAVE SCREWED THEIR DEUS EX INSTALL SO HARD, MESSING WITH OPENGL.INI they had to install it again

------------------
      P2350@400 (hope to change this line)
      128mb pc133 cas2
      13,6 Gb IBM 7200rpm
      16mb vanilla@174/217 (proudly said!)

about myself
      UT Slave
      Q3 pisser
      Nocturne Lover(Nocturne the game)
      U9 stupid buyer
      Rally2000 pilot

[This message has been edited by leporis (edited 06 July 2000).]
      P2350@400 (hope to change this line)
      128mb pc133 cas2
      13,6 Gb IBM 7200rpm
      16mb vanilla@174/217 (proudly said!)

about myself
      UT Slave
      Q3 pisser
      Nocturne Lover(Nocturne the game)
      U9 stupid buyer
      Rally2000 pilot

Comment

www.eidosinteractive.com/techsupp/deusex/patches.html

new d3d.dll for deus ex, its a beta so back up your original.

Comment

Working...
        X