Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BIG NEWS For fans of Dungeon Keeper 2...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIG NEWS For fans of Dungeon Keeper 2...

Subject DK2 1.7 Finished
    Posted by Wayne@Bullfrog
    Posted on Tue Jun 27 14:05:15 2000
    From Host/IP 212.88.41.253

DK2 Update 1.7 is ready in nearly all languages!!!
    I am planning to make the update available on the DK site on Friday when I should have the final couple of languages finished..
    I thank you for your patience and hope you enjoy the update.

thanks

Wayne...
    good news, no?

Frankfurt

[This message has been edited by Frankfurt (edited 28 June 2000).]
    Here is my system config:Athlon XP+ 2000, 1024MB SDRAM,EpOX EP9XA (or something)<b>Matrox Parhelia </b>
    WinXP Professional SP1
    Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1
    3COM 905C

If it doesn't work in 2000 I will be very disappointed.
    C:\DOS
    C:\DOS\RUN
    \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

Hey Freak, Don't you mean DOS?
      ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Motherboard, Intel Core i7 2600K CPU @ 4.3GHz, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB DDR3 Ram, Pioneer DVR-219L DVDRW, OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD, Western Digital Black 1TB SATA HDD, Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB, Everything being driven by Windows 10 Professional (64Bit)...

Bored Yet?

Comment

"Burn baby burn, disco inferno..."

This time we hit the jackpot... someone care to slap me ?

Comment

Well everyone, the patch has finally arrived, head over here to get it
          they claim that the bump mapping works and i got the impression from the readme file that it is a supported feature
          heres the link: http://dk2.ea-europe.com/uk/dk2/cont...loads/patches/
          (edit)Oops, i was wrong, it isnt an officially supported feature (edit)

Download it and give er a shot

Frankfurt

[This message has been edited by Frankfurt (edited 30 June 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Frankfurt (edited 30 June 2000).]
          Here is my system config:Athlon XP+ 2000, 1024MB SDRAM,EpOX EP9XA (or something)<b>Matrox Parhelia </b>
          WinXP Professional SP1
          3COM 905C

Comment

Hi Frankfurt,

Got a question for you. They say to install the update on a fresh install of DK2 (not patched) but the patch is version 1.3 to version 1.7, will I have any problems if my initial version is 1.0 ?
            I don't seem to recall a 1.3 patch, the earlyest patch was 1.50.

Comment

u know andrei, i really have no clue if itll work or not...seeing as itll be a fresh install anyways (the original retail CD i believe had version 1.3 on it anyways)
              it should work, if not, just go back reinstall it, and then, ask bullfrog how to patch version 1.00 to 1.70

Hope this helps...

BTW i have tried out the patch...i think there may be one or two problems with it, but on the whole i think it works ok...and hey The EMBM DOESNT CRASH me to DESKTOP anymore
              The problems i think i see in DK2 is, well the lava seems to have too many dots if you zoom out a long way, and i think the second problem - the water bump mapping looks dark in places with no bump mapping in those locations - is because of the size of the texture file that they included.

Frankfurt

P.S. The 1.7 patch DOES ALLOW THE GAME TO BE RUN IN WINDOWS 2000!!!!

[This message has been edited by Frankfurt (edited 01 July 2000).]
              WinXP Professional SP1
              3COM 905C

Comment

I was just asking, I didn't yet finish the download (crappy connection, busy server...). I wanted to know if there are any problems.
                I think my CD is version 1.0 because the readme.txt file says so, in the game menu it doesn't show anything (left lower corner).
                If I am to belive what Bullfrog says, then my CD should be v 1.3.

"If you bought your game in Europe, America or Australia and have never installed an Update then you have v1.3."

If it won't work I will take it up with Bullfrog's tech support.

Comment

The readme says 1.0 but it is 1.30.

The 1.70 patch installs fine.

Comment

I've forgotten the answer to this question, and I've dug through the posts to a month back, but I cannot find the answer to this question:

In 32-bit mode, the menu is invisible. How do you fix it (besides reverting to 16-bit mode - unless that's the only answer, of course).

Thanks,

Bill

------------------
                    People call me a computer god; I remind them that I am merely a minor deity...

Comment

The patch worked

Comment

the 32bit-menu thing sucks, but i know where to click and 32bit is much more beautiful and not much slower
                        my system:

AMD XP 2000+
                        Abit KTA7 (VIA 4.49)
                        512MB SDRAM133
                        Matrox Millennium G400 MAX (5.91, AGP 2x)
                        Windows XP Prof

Comment

is it not fixed in 1.7 ?
                          my system:

AMD XP 2000+
                          Abit KTA7 (VIA 4.49)
                          512MB SDRAM133
                          Matrox Millennium G400 MAX (5.91, AGP 2x)
                          Windows XP Prof

Comment

Neither the readme.txt nor the update.txt mentions fixing this.

Also, the bumpmapping works, but where are all those cool torch reflections and stuff? I enabled both bumpmapping-related switches, but I don't see them... Anyone else have any luck?

Bill

Comment

When i first tried the EMBM, the graphics looked better than 1.6, but still, the graphics seems a little to retro for my liking (800x600, medium graphics setting)

Then, i unfortunately had to reformat and reinstall my OS, when i went back to play (played at 800x600 high graphics setting) and WOW.

just one note...when you posses a creature, the game reverts back to the standard texturing of water and lava

im not sure if thats what you meant bilko, but the reply is in response to what i thought you were commenting about...

Frankfurt
                              WinXP Professional SP1
                              3COM 905C

Comment

Working...
                              X