Need Help With The UT Server Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help With The UT Server Updates

Ok, I've been trying to get all these skins downloaded and installed so that I can access the MGI server (for a couple days now). I finally got all the files downloaded from Clan-MU site (except the castle file that doesn't seem to exist), and have the skins loaded except for those MOTD files.

I downloaded the MOTDenabler, but it's only 2K, and when I run it, setup warns me not to put it in the UnrealTournament directory (which was recommended), so I put it in the System subdirectory. All I see there is a small text file -- nothing else. When I try to run the other MOTD...umod files, it obviously is still looking for the enabler.

What am I doing wrong? I really don't care about these skins, but I can't access the server without them. I'm quite frustrated.
    My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Beezer,
    The only way I was able to install the MOTDEnabler,and the other .umod files, was to install it into the UnrealTournament Dir. I had also tryed to get it to install into a temp dir, without any luck. So I installed it into the UnrealT dir and then everything started installing. Give it a shot!
    The other .umod files (that have dates) are skins also.
    Hope you get it installed, need to have you back fraging me with that 1 shot from the shock rifle. LOL

Oboy

[This message has been edited by Oboy (edited 03 July 2000).]
    Time to make the wafers!
    Oboy Inside!

intel P4 2.26 @ 2.957Ghz

"Life isn't like a box of chocolates...it's more like a jar of
    jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow."

Comment

How do you get it to install into the UnrealTournament directory?

When I run the MOTDenabler.umod, it asks me for a destination directory. I type in "C:\UntrealTournament". It responds with a warning not to install it into the same directory as Unreal Tournament -- and will not allow me to go any further without specifying a different directory.
      My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

It is best to unzipp or place all .umod files in C:\Temp.

Then go to START\RUN and type in:
        C:\UnrealTournament\System\Setup.exe install C:\temp\MOTDEnabler.umod

The install program should start and then you will need to tell it to install to:

C:\UnrealTournament

Paul
        "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Thanks Paul, that "command line" did the trick. It's odd, that I've always been able to just run the .umod file in the past without any problems. Even now, the program seems to run -- just not correctly.

One more problem though....
          I tried to connect to the MGI server, and it insisted on "Infiltration". Fortunately I had d/l that already, so I loaded it into UT.

Now when connecting to MGI server, I get the following error message:
          Can't find BoolProperty in file 'BoolProperty Botpack.TournamentGameInfo.bDisallowOverride'

Seems like a .ini entry issue, but can't figure where or what to put into my .ini file. Any ideas?

Comment

Did you install the other 4 MOTD files after the enabler???

Do you have Botpack.int and BotPack.u in your
            system folder???

Paul

[This message has been edited by ALBPM (edited 03 July 2000).]
            "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Yes, all the skins are now loaded properly, and I do indeed have the botpack.ini and botpack.u files in place.

I believe this is related to the Infiltration mod because I get the same error message when I tried logging onto another infiltration server (found using the Inf Browser). However, all other public servers work fine. Maybe I need download or re-install the Infiltration mod again. The infiltration mod does not appear in the Practice Session game choices -- shouldn't it be there? Under the Mod Menu, I only have the Infiltration Browser as a choice.

Comment

Yes, it should be under Catagory in Practice Sessions. Sounds like you may want to D/L it again. You may have some files missing in your current copy.

Paul

Comment

Hi guys,

the mod enabler gets installed into the UT system directory and its skins get installed into UT's main directory (C:\UnrealTournament)

Haig

Comment

I pointed to the G:\Unreal Tournament directory each time it asked and all seems to do OK. The only problems that I have had so far is that the skin I want to use only shows grren while on the server. Also since loading Infiltration load times are taking longer.

Joel

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 04 July 2000).]
                    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

I'm still running UT version 4.05 (heard bad things about 4.13, and never got around to 4.20 yet), and I don't think Infiltration is compatible with that version. I was trying to wait until 4.22 was available before upgrading, but now I don't think I have a choice. Hopefully, going to 4.20 will fix the issue.

Comment

I'm running 4.20 and the infiltration seems fine so far.

Paul

Comment

I'm a happy camper once again!

Infiltration evidently does not work with UT 4.05b, because I just installed 4.20 and all is well again. No more error message when connecting to the MGI server.

Just finished a couple rounds with Oboy, CyberTek, and Ghostman....
                          Thanks for all you help.

Comment

YEEE!!! HAWWWWWWW!!! Beezer is back!!!

Paul

Comment

Yeah, and as deadly as ever.

Joel
                              Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                              Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Working...
                              X