No announcement yet.

Half-Life config-file (Millennium G200)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half-Life config-file (Millennium G200)

Is there anyone out there who could post his config file (D3D-Mode and OpenGL) for Half-Life (I think it is half-life/valve/hw/g200d3d.cfg and something else)?

I have the Millennium G200 AGP and have several problems with the D3D and OpenGL mode (the text is not displayed properly). PD 5.52 is installed.

Furthermore, I have two other questions.

1.) What do you think about installing the PD 6beta drivers (concerning Half-Life - CounterStrike and my Millennium G200)?

2.) What about this TurboGL drivers? Where do I get them? Do I need them?

Thanks for answering!
    sven2k

Hello sven2k:

You should take a look at the search utility in the forums, I found an old thread about that (I made my opengl.cfg based in that thread): http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum4/HTML/001064.html
    And remember, always trust in Kruzin :-)

Oh, the file is half-life/valve/hw/opengl.cfg (or autoexec.cfg if you have problems, as I had). If you carefully read the thread you should know now that opengl is better than direct3d :-)

About the other questions:

1) I tested PD 6 beta and in my Millenium G200 I noticed a slow down in frame rate (In NFS:PU it was an improvement). But other people says it works great, so you should just give them a try (remember to use the matrox uninstallation utility befor installing new drivers). I switched to PD 6 and back to 5.52 in just 3 minutes.

2)TurboGL drivers are only for G400 :-(

NeSuR

[This message has been edited by NeSuR (edited 03 July 2000).]
    ASUS P3V133
    PIII 650@806 Mhz. 124Mhz FSB
    2x PC133 128Mb
    Matrox G400 16Mb DH @151,2/201,6/151,2
    SB Live! 1024
    Samsung Syncmaster 500s

Comment

Hey NeSuR!

Thank you very much for answering!
      OK, I'll try it with the help of the mentioned thread and tell you if I had success or not...

1.) Ummm...then I'll probably wait until the release of the official (non-beta) drivers.

2.) Sh**

Again - thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
      X