Half-Life CS, TFC, Q3...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half-Life CS, TFC, Q3...

Lately my games have been crashing within seconds i connect to a server. After about the 5th time it gets extremely annoying! Ive reinstalled HL multiple times, on top of formatting my computer! Ive used PD versions 5.52, 5.55 (i think thats one), and beta 6 (which im currently using.) I used to overclock my card at 200/240 but now i dont anymore because its so unstable. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, here are my specs:

Pentium 3 600
    Intel SE440BX-2 Mobo
    256MB SDRAM
    Matrox Millenium G400 MAX (kick ass card)
    Maxtor 20.4 GB
    WD 6.8 GB
    DSL + Linksys Ethernet card
    SB Live! Value

There are no IRQ conflicts
    The card is on Interrupt 11. if thats any help.

How does your machine do if you try to play in single-player mode? How long have you had your DSL connection? Did you install any new software lately?

Joel
    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

i havent played in Single Player mode in a long time. I just got DSL 3 days ago. Nope, no new software. I just reforamtted my hard drive and scanned for viruses with the latest definitions.

Comment

When I was still using PD 5.52, HL always crashes whenever I go back to the menu after playing the game, but never crashes during the game.

And now, after installing PD 6, it doesn't crash anymore when I go back to the menu after playing, but crashes within minutes after connected to a server instead.

Oh well, I guess I'll just wait till the final PD 6 comes out.
        Errm...ah, screw it! Format the damn thing!

Comment

Then there must be something wrong with your connections because as a beta tester I have been using these drivers for a while and have had no crashs during games. I even went to a LAN party and played several hours of TFC without a problem.

Joel

I wish everyone would stop blameing the video card and drivers everytime something happens.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.

Comment

For HL games on my system, it always corrupt the graphics and texts in the game. No problems with Q3A and UT though.

Oh, and disable TurboGL v1.3 (PD beta 6) for HL. It cause a lot of problems (i.e. crashes and no flashlight).

[This message has been edited by antdude (edited 25 June 2000).]
            Ant @ The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.ma.cx)

Comment

Thank you guys! my problem appears to be solved.

Comment

And the solution was...??????

Joel

www.lp.org

Comment

actually what i thought solved the problem didnt, the next day my comp started crashing again. basically i discovered that my video card was getting too hot. I used a bigger fan and now it hasnt crashed since.

Comment

Working...
                  X