Half-Life and windows 2K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half-Life and windows 2K

I just installed Half-life and Opfor on Windows 2000. Everything runs great (seems faster then when I had my Voodoo 2 SLI setup back in my machine in 1998), but theres some graphic oddities like the blood stains and bullet holes in the walls not getting displayed properly or "flashing" depending on the way you look at them (angle)in OpenGL mode. I'm using the lastest PD drivers. Any suggestions??

Scott

------------------
    Abit BH6 with a Celeron 2-566@877mhz,128mb RAM,G400 MAX,SB Live!, Optiquest V95 19in montor, Asus 40x CD-ROM, Aopen 5x DVD-ROM,HP9110i 8x4x32 CD-RW,SupraMax 56k modem, Win98 SE on Western Digital 30.7GB, Win2000 on a WD 13 GB HDD

Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

There is a gl variable that will adjust the placement of the decals.
    Pull down your console in the game, and type:

gl_polyoffset

this will tell you what your current value is set to. Try adjusting that value up and down (you can tweak it in incriments of 0.1) from the console. Results are immidiate, and you don't need to restart the game. Set it by typing the same command, followed by a value:

gl_polyoffet 1.8

for example.

Also, set your card's z-buffer to 32bit. There is almost no performance hit, and it does make the game sort decals/ladder/lights much better...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Still no luck with adjusting the gl_polyoffset command. I tried 1.0 all the way to 3 and it still does the same thing...any other ideas? I already had the z-buffer set to 32bit color.

------------------
      Abit BH6 with a Celeron 2-566@877mhz,128mb RAM,G400 MAX,SB Live!, Optiquest V95 19in montor, Asus 40x CD-ROM, Aopen 5x DVD-ROM,HP9110i 8x4x32 CD-RW,SupraMax 56k modem, Win98 SE on Western Digital 30.7GB, Win2000 on a WD 13 GB HDD

Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

I read on Tweak3d.net that the gl_polyoffset can be adjusted as high as 40. Maybe setting this a bit higher than what you've tried so far will solve your problem... experiment. Good luck.

Comment

I read on Tweak3d.net that the gl_polyoffset can be adjusted as high as 40. Maybe setting this a bit higher than what you've tried so far will solve your problem... experiment. Good luck.

Comment

gl_polyoffset will also take negative values. This helps too sometimes.
            I would tell you what value works in Win2k, but my comp is in many pieces atm:P

Comment

I use to get the problem with my G400 MAX

try setting the gl_polyoffset to

gl_polyoffset -0.001

it worked for me

------------------

Comment

Working...
              X